VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide 4-line Dialer With Pbx System

Hi, I'm at a company that has about 8 outgoing telephone lines connected to an Inter_tel pbx (I think the model is an Encore CX).

I'm planning on connecting the dialogic computer with voiceguide to the pbx and using only 4 outgoing phone lines for dialing out to with the dialogic card.

which card do you recommend that has the best sound quality, and recognize different situations in the line (hangup, voice pickup, etc.)?

is there any other setup I need to do to the pbx so that the company doesn't use the 4 reserved phone lines?

oh i forgot to add, i might at some point like the voiceguide dialer to be able to forward live hot leads to people in the office if for example they press "1".

i haven't found any 4-line digital cards, is my only option a full t1 dialogic card?

Have a look at the D/41JCT card - that's a 4 port analog card.

A D/120JCT is a 12 port version.

> i haven't found any 4-line digital cards, is my only option a full t1 dialogic card?

For digtial, yes.

so for this dialer (D/41JCT-LS) i will have to pull 4 analog lines for it from the board right?

and block the pbx from using those 4 lines?

i don't think this will allow me to transfer the calls to people inside the office then. do i need to pull the lines from the pbx, is this possible?

is the quality justify the price of a digital system over this card?

If you want to do 'hookflash' type transfers then the lines plugged into the Dialogic card would need to be extensions from the PBX.

Your PBX may not allow hookflash transfers on outgoing calls - check that first, as if it does not then you will need to use "Dial and Conference" type transfers...

Digital systems are useful for outgoing calls as you can reliably tell when the outgoing call has been answered.

so using a D/41JCT-LS is an analog card, and even if i use extensions from the pbx system the line is still not digital and i won't be able to reliably tell when an outgoing call has been answered?

which digital card do you recommend? would i connect that directly to the pbx, or a t1 line that i would order from my phone company (might be a fractional t1)?

If you want the system to receive the signal indicating the exact moment when the receiver's handset has been picked up then the connection to the Dialogic card needs to be ISDN and the connection to between the PBX and your phone company needs to be ISDN.

Or you can have the T1 ISDN from the phone company connected directly to the Dialogic card (the usual approach).

The card you should use is a D/240JCT.

do you know if the phone company will provide only 4 digital lines? is that equivalent to 2 ISDN lines?

BRI ISDN lines have 2 channels per line.

We'd recommend using a fractional T1...

how can you connect a fractional t1 to a dialogic D/240JCT?

can i connect some of the lines of the t1 to my pbx?

Just plug it in...

Then you specify for VG to use just those channels that are enabled on the fractional T1.

If you are using an Encore CX from Inter-Tel, you just plug the dialer into the Encore extension port module and program the extensions as analog/single line - the nice thing about the Encore is that the ports on the PBX side are dual digital/analog. Remember you will have to enter a 9 in front of every call to dial out within your call list if you are routing calls through the PBX to get dialtone. The sequence for the Encore analog extension transfer is - hookflash, extension number, hang up - and pop that into the transfer instructions. Calls transfers, line is available again.

With the default programming, the single line extensions will grab the first available line when the 9 is hit, so don't get too worked up about changing trunk groups unless you have some fancy call routing programming (555-1000 is a private line, 555-1001 only rings the warehouse, etc). The real concern is potentially busying out all the lines while the dialer is running.

If you want to get real fancy, and if you have the Encore programing software handy, set up a hunt group or a phantom forwarding extension named for example "Hot Lead" that the hookflash transfer sends the call to, so that the digital extensions in the hunt group will see "TRSNFR from HOT LEAD" in their display and avoid that awkward "who are you" recognition period. Or if you are out of the office, hookflash, 9, phone number, # and hot leads can get sent to a cell phone

The real concern is potentially busying out all the lines while the dialer is running.

Within VoiceGuide you can select which lines/channels can be used for outgoing calls.

Also, when loading calls you can specify on a per-call basis which lines/channels can be used to make that particular outgoing call.