VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Call Problem

I have several question:

I have two dialogic cards: D/41EPCI i D/41ESC. When I use call transfer module for outgoing calls, any line can be useful. The problem is when incoming call use line of D/41ESC card(for example line 6), and outgoing call use line of D/41 EPCI card(for example line 1). This two cards is impossible to link with a cable because this two cards are diferent models, and connectors are diferent.

How to define outgoing call on card when call is received?

Next question: I want to read from the base how much time is left for conversation. On the basis of that, how can I limit call duration, in other words, how can I disconect this call after this time?

How to calculate call duration because this information I would write into the database?

I using win2000, VoiceGuide6.0.2001 Enterprice edition + dialer for 8 lines

Thanks!

This two cards is impossible to link with a cable because this two cards are diferent models, and connectors are diferent.

It is possible to link the cards. You just need an SCBuc-to-CTBus converter. Ask your local Dialogic distributor.

How to define outgoing call on card when call is received?

The script would need to determine on which card the call has arrived, then branch to a Call Transfer module which transfers call out using only lines on one particular card (use the "Lines to use when making outgoing calls" text box).

I using ... VoiceGuide v6.0.2001

Please update to latest version of VG for Dialogic from our WWW. The line selection options may not even be available in your version.

how can I limit call duration, in other words, how can I disconect this call after this time?

From a Call Transfer module use a Success path to go a Play module. And from the Play module have a timeout path going to a Hangup module with the timeout having the value of the maximum time the conversation is allowed to go on for.

The Play module should have "none" specified as the sound file to play, so that it will not actually play anything, but it will just keep the script running until the timeout path fires (or callers hang up).

How to calculate call duration because this information I would write into the database?

See the $RV_CALLLENGTH Result Variable, or just make yor own timestamps and create your own RVs to hold values of start time, max talk time etc.

Sounds like basically you want to have some sort of a pre-paid calling card type system setup. We offer script writing services, so if you’d like to email the details of what is required to sales@vociegudie.com then we can quote on the supply of the entire script.

I am using Transfer Call module for redirect calls from one line to another, and everything working with D41 EPCI card. However, when I perform the same script on D41ESC card, reirecting doesn't working, in other words, only works dialing and phone rings, write as the call is connected, but from the both sides is silent.

We'd need to see the trace of the transfer call.

Can you make two test calls - one that works and one that does not and post the traces capturing both tests here.

We'll need both the 'vgm' and 'tw' traces.

There is noting in the trace files... maybe the log level has been set to 0?

Check in VG.INI and make sure all the log level selectors are set to 10.

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=10

VoicemailManager=10

EmailSender=10

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=10

Are the two cards linkes together by an SC-Bus cable?

The connecting together of two separate calls will not work unless the cards are connected together...

Check in VG.INI and make sure all the log level selectors are set to 10.

I change VG.ini file and all the log level selectors are set to 10.

Log files are more diferent now then last one which I sent, and I am sending them again!

Are the two cards linkes together by an SC-Bus cable?

The connecting together of two separate calls will not work unless the cards are connected together...

This two cards I dont link with a cable because this two cards are diferent models, and dont have SCBuc-to-CTBus converter. But, other script without using Transfer Call work propretly.

log.zip

Trace files basically show that the second card will not do any 'bus-switching' type operations, which means that it will not connect two calls back-to-back.

This could happen if the card is faulty or if the cards are not linked together using the bus cable.

dont have SCBuc-to-CTBus converter.

You can buy them from most Dialogic resellers.

You can buy them from most Dialogic resellers.

I from Montenegro (Serbia and Montenegro) and in our country don't have Dialogic resellers.

I don't understand why cards must be linked, in other words, what is hapening if I want to put only one D/41 ESC card? You are define, on your web page, that this card can work Transfer Call, and nowhere doesn't say that I need to link with some another card:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modXfer.htm

Dial and Conference General Notes:

"Dial and Conference" can only be done with these Dialogic cards: D/41EPCI, D/41ESC, D/41JCTLS, D/120JCTLS, D/160SC-LS and all digital cards: D/240SC, D/300SC etc...

I ask you to help me to solve this problem, becouse I have pay a licence for using your software, and thati is a big count for our standards, and the program is unusefull for me!

Would this problem be solved if I put two D/41 ESC cards and if I link them, beocuse for that cards I have compatibile cable? Buying one more D/41 EPCI card is too big investment for our possibilities, but I could buy one more D/41 ESC card, becouse it could find a used card on our market.

I from Montenegro (Serbia and Montenegro) and in our country don't have Dialogic resellers.

Try some in UK... eg: http://www.postcti.co.uk/

If you have more then one "SC-bus" or "CT-bus" card in the machine then the cards need to be linked together - that's just how Dialogic designed them.

Would this problem be solved if I put two D/41 ESC cards and if I link them, beocuse for that cards I have compatibile cable?

Yes, it should.

Your proposition for buying SCBuc-to-CTBus converter from UK is impossible because the cost of transport is too expensive, and that is very complicated becouse duration of that is too long.

Because licence is linked to D/41 EPCI, can you change licence on the D/41 ESC card?

Try placing all 3 cards in the machine and link the two D/41ESC cards with the SC-bus cable.

Make sure the grey selector switch (called the BLT switch) on the back of the card is set to 1 and 2 on the two ESC cards and set to a 3 or higher on the EPCI card.

This should ensure that the ESC cards are configured by the DCM to be the primary and backup bus masters and then you will have no problems to do the Dial and conference call switching on both cards.

The EPCI card would just be in the system to ensure the license is working...

It's probably easier to just buy the CT-to-SC bus converter. Postage from UK should not be that much... it'd be like shipping something from west coast to the east coast in USA...

You should also be able to find an Intel distributor in Italy or Hungary or Switzerland...