VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialer Problems

Hi,

I am using VG to make large volumes of calls - about 1300 every day.

I have 3 questions:

1. How can I get VG to hang up on detecting an answer machine without having to wait for the message to play?

2. It seems that a portion of the numbers I load into the dialer get "lost" when comparing the mdb file and the output vgl file. I tend to use the .csv option to load numbers and the outdialque.mdb sees these. Is there a maximum number of phone numbers that can be sucessfully loaded at 1 time? Is it common for numbers to get lost?

3. After dialing for a while, VG seems to hang in the following way. The numbers are just dialled and the script doesn't play. It records that the numbers have been called but no script has been run. I get long periods where the numbers in the dialer dont seem to be passed through the script.

Thanks!

1. How can I get VG to hang up on detecting an answer machine without having to wait for the message to play?

specify:

NONE

as the script/message to use for Answering Machines.

2. It seems that a portion of the numbers I load into the dialer get "lost" when comparing the mdb file and the output vgl file. I tend to use the .csv option to load numbers and the outdialque.mdb sees these. Is there a maximum number of phone numbers that can be sucessfully loaded at 1 time? Is it common for numbers to get lost?

We have not had ny reports of numbers not being dialed. Best thing to do would be to make a backup of the loaded list and then .ZIP up and post here:

- list dialed

- output vgl file

- "vgm" trace capturing entire session.

note that .vgl would only be updated if call was answered - so if there is no entry in .vgl it looks like most likely call was not answered and you may find it in the OutDial_Uncontactable_*.txt logs...

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Are you using a Dialogic card?

We test VG here with 100,000 dialouts sessions (using four E1 lines) - so 1300 outgoing calls is well within what we regularly test VG with...

The numbers are just dialled and the script doesn't play.

Please post a trace capturing this and we can tell what is actually happening on the system.