VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Stuck On First Module

I am using a dialogic DMV160LP card, and my script matches the format of the example scripts perfectly. I set it, run it, VG answers and plays the sound file, but it will not go to the next module when the corresponding number is pressed. Even if another module is selected as the starting module, the same problem occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Everything LOOKS perfect script wise, and I've tried other scripts too. Same thing. I am out of ideas on this - anyone having a suggestion, please speak up. Thanks!

Please post the script you are using, and the debug trace of a call.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hello - thanks for the fast reply! When I try to run the Event Trace Log, I get an error msg from VG stating "Debug Window disabled as DevicesControlled > 8"

I attached the first part of the script. Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

forts.vgs

Please set the "VoiceGuide=10" in the [Log] section of VG.INI file, then restart VG and make the call.

Trace will appear in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the trace from the call.

I changed the setting in the .ini file, and restarted vg, but the error msg persists. I even rebooted the server - no luck.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I cannot start the Intel/Dialogic GC DK SS7 service. The other 2 start and run normally (Boardserver and product System Service). Windows gives me a service-specific error code 20482.

I will keep trying to obtain the trace - I imagine any detailed troubleshooting is not possible without it....

I changed the setting in the .ini file, and restarted vg, but the error msg persists. I even rebooted the server - no luck.

What error message? Can you post a screenshot?

When I try to run the Event Trace Log, I get an error msg from VG stating "Debug Window disabled as DevicesControlled > 8"

I have attached the screenshot. Its the same message as before, even though I have modified the vg.ini file as I was instructed in the previous post.

I have restarted the app, the services, even the server, and the message remains the same.

error1.zip

That's just an information message saying that the logging window will not be displayed on screen.

The logs will be created in \log\ subdirectory. Look for the log files in that directory.

Traces show you are using an older version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic.

Please update to the latest version from our WWW.

Just download the patch and update all the .EXEs.

The OCX needs to be unregistered before being over written and re-registered afterwards (using regsvr32 as per the patch's readme.txt instructions).

Trace also shows that caller listened to 'Welcome Menu.wav' but did not press any keys:

092422.47  4 state [Get Client ID] Number Input

092422.50  4 state [Get Client ID] Playing (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\OLE HD Scripts\OLE HD Sound Clips\Welcome Menu.wav)

092440.89  4 tw    PlayEnd 4 796968

092441.02  4 timer set 6  EV_TIMEOUT_ENTERDATA

092447.58  4 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_ENTERDATA

If you are pressing keys from the calling phone then it looks like the Dialogic card is not detecting them...

Can the caller hear the message being played clearly?

Have you tried calling in from a different phone?

Keys were definitely pressed. I called from 3 different phones at different locations. Could it be a setting on the card that needs to be tweaked? I can hear the message pretty well, the .wav quality is only 8kHz, but it is definitely playing. I have tried pressing the buttons and the # sign while the sound file is playing, after the sound file is playing, but no luck.

I will download the upgrade, and have our network engineer upgrade the software asap. Thank you so much for your help.