VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Logging For Hangup Script

My VG 5.2.5012a system is producing the script logs .vgl .xml and .csv for my main script as expected. In this script I specify a Hangup script, which successfully runs. However the script logs are not produced for the Hangup script.

This also means of course that I can not use the Call Log function to review the operation of the Hangup script. The Call Log for the main script shows shows the hangup time, but no further entries.

Is there something I have missed? Should there be a .vlg log for the Hangup script?

Thanks..........VB

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I have attached everything.

Please just rename file zipp to zip, there was an error when I tried to attach it as zip.

Thanks........Vincent

Please note that the debug files are attached in the last message.

I also have used the Call Log while the scripts were running, and see all activity from the main script, and the hangup script. When the script terminates I can then review and scroll thru the Call Log, but only for the hangup script logging, as the main script logging is no longer in the Call Log.

Regards.........VB

Woops........ I confused the issue in the last message. I incorrectly said that the Call Log showed the flow, when I meant that the Event Log Trace showed the flow during the call, but as stated at the end of the scripts running only the Hangup call details were in the Event Log window, and in the Call Log, only the main script details are shown.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope I have the terminology right this time.

Regards..........VB

Looks like the "After Hangup" cleanup scripts do not write .vgl files etc. of their own.

If you want to create a log file from within the "After Hangup" script you'll need to add a module which does the required data logging within the script yourself.

See some 'logging to text file' demos in the help file's entries on "Run VBScript" and "Run Program" modules. Or you could use a "DB Query" module to save selected information to a database.

Try updating your system with the attached .exe and see if this does the logging for your After Hangup scripts as well. Please let us know how you go with this.

VgMulti_5.2.5048.zip

Hi...........

I knew you could do it!!!!!!!!

I have tested 5.2.48 and it did generate the script logs for the hangup script, and by using 'Call Log/File' I can see the entire log, with has both the main and hangup script entries.

I must admit I was surprised by your initial thoughts that it wasn't possible, as I have an old set of script logs from the hangup script - so something had generated them.

That's a great help for me to be able to review the hangup script log. I appreciate your help.

Regards.........Vincent

OK, glad to hear it's working now.

The changes included in the .exe provided will be included in the next release of "VoiceGuide for TAPI".