VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Listen To Voicemail As Its Being Recorded

I was wondering wether it's possible to have the computer speakers play the voicemail as it's being recorded. Therefor you can find out wether you want to take the call or not.

I am also wondering when a new version of VG is comming out and what great new things are in it, and I'm curious on how the process to make VG be a service is comming along.

Sergey

It is not possible to play the message as it is being recorded - but it can be played immediately after it's recorded - to do this you should ask the caller to press "0" when they are finished recording the voicemail, in the - and then play some music to them as the message is being played...

The Result Variable used to access the last voice mail message is currently:

$RV[Voicemail box XXXX]

where XXXX is the voicemail box number.

To play the just recorded voicemail message use:

sndrec32 /play /close $RV[Voicemail box XXXX]

in either the "Command to run after voicemail is recorded" or in a Run Module returned to from the voicemail system...

I get the following error "Can not open C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmSave\0006_0708093329_1_7_.wav" if i put down sndrec32 /play /close $RV[Voicemail box 0006][/ in the comand to run area of the voicemail and I can't seem to get to any where after the message in voicemail is left, it hangs up right after the msg is recorded, how do i get the voicemail to another path.

Sergey

The "[/" at the end of the command line in the previous message was a typo - I've corrected it now - please try again and if you still have problems please post the Event Trace log capturing the whole call.