VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound Dialing Demo

Hi, I downloaded and installed your demo because I'm currently looking for outbound dialing software. The ability to do some of the programming (to make it do what I want instead of being locked into the vendor's idea of what I want) is very appealing to me. Unfortunately, the outbound dialing doesn't work in my system (Dialogic D/21H ISA board running on Win 2K) Other software I was looking at does dial out on the board but it's live person & answering machine detection is sorely lacking in reliability. The point is I know the board is running and working because that software does dial out on it. The answering part of your demo works great on the board. Am I doing something wrong or does the demo not actually dial out so that it can be tested before buying? Please respond to kak@riverview.net.

Thank you :)

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Are you loading outgoing calls using the Telephone Number Dialer or some other way?

Can you describe in detail what you are doing and what is happenig on the system.

Can you post some traces of what you are seeing the system do?

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hi, I a little more time today to mess around with your demo. I uninstalled voiceguide and reinstalled it following your specific recomendations and instructions. I'm using the version for dialogic boards because I have a dialogic board (D/21H) The version name on the zip file I downloaded is: 6.0.3081. After copying the files over the files installed with zip file version 5.2.5012a as directed in the installation instructions, the version number of the vgdialer.exe is 5.2.0.1024. The version number on the vgmulti.exe is 6.0.0.3081. I opened the event trace log before opening the dialer as you instructed in your previous comments then opened the dialer configured it according to the instructions in the help file, entered a couple of numbers and pressed "start dialing" the program says it's qued up the numbers but than just sits there and does nothing. The call event trace log also does nothing except when I exit the dialer. Then it writes that I stopped the program. That's all. The program still answers the line fine and seems to work flawlessly. I tried another program I used to use that's not programable like voiceguide and it answers and dials out just fine. I would rather try voiceguide and perhaps purchase it if you can tell me how to make it work. The problem doesn't seem to be my card as other software (configured differently of course) works flawlessly. I'm not an expert and diagnosing telephony software problems though I am an adequate VB6 programmer and script writer. Anyway, I tried configuring the Dialogic TAPI Driver as suggested in one of your online help files and I also tried using the defaults. Neither work. Talker32 seems to work ok. Seems like I read on this forum somewhere that the voiceguide version for dialogic doesn't use the TAPI drivers anyway. Is that the case? Anyway I have no idea what the problem is and I have nothing to post because the trace log application doesn't write anything to the logs when trying to use the dialer. It does however, write to the logs when using the software in answering mode. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

Try deleting the file "OutDialQue.mdb" from VG's \data\ subdirectory and then try starting VG again and see if this fixes anything.

Is the log level in the debug trace window set to 10?

Ok I set the log file trace to 10, deleted the database and started the program again. Tried entering a couple of numbers manually then uploaded them from a *.txt file and still nothing. No evidence of any logging either. About the only thing that happens is the program returns a Phone numbers qued and then the load button label turns to a start dialing label then it just sits there. Doesn't seem to even try to open the line as the other (main) window reports the lines as waiting for call. Hmmmmm . . . frustrating.

Thanks, Rich

Any log files appearing in VG's \log\ subdirectory?

If the logging level has been set to anything greater then 0 then you should see files appearing there even when you just start and stop VG.

Hi, I haven't had time to fool around with this program since your last post but I had a few minutes today, so following your advice I once again deleted the OutDialQue.mdb file and I also deleted all of the log files in the logs folder. Started Voiceguide, started the dialer module, then started the event trace log and set the number to 10; loaded a couple of numbers and clicked the load button which then turned to a start dialing button with a report underneath that 2 numbers were qued for dialing; clicked the start dialing button and nothing happens. The event viewer is a blank white window. I did however generate a couple of log files that I'm including with this response for you to view along with the OutDialQue.mdb file. Perhaps with these files you can determine why this isn't working with my card/machine setup. BTW this is an older FIC motherboard with ISA slots that I have the dialogic card installed in if that makes a difference. CPU is an intel pentium 233 mHz with 250 mb ram running Win2K SP5. I only ad this information because I do own software that won't run on a machine that slow. However, your competitors software seems to work flawlessly on this setup so I don't think that's the issue. Anyway, I like the idea of being able to customize Voiceguide to my needs so I'm still interested in making this work if possible. Your competitors software allows some customization but not to the level that voiceguide appears too. See attached *.zip files. Thanks for your response.

Rich

Richs_VG_Files.zip

The posted log files do not contain any info...

In VG.INI's [Log] section you should see:

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=10

VoicemailManager=10

EmailSender=10

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=10

all the settings should be set to 10.

Hi, yeah all of those settings in the vg.ini file were set at 0 so I changed them all to 10. I then deleted all of the previous log files that contained nothing and deleted all the records in the OutDialQue.mdb. I then restarted the program and the event trace modules and went through the same steps of loading numbers and attempting to have the program dial and all that. It still won't do anything but I did manage to generate some log files. However, upon looking at them I see I'd have to be a telephone electronics engineer to understand what's going on. That ain't going to happen :) But see the attached files for clues that might help you explain to me why this isn't working.

Thanks,

Rich

Richs_VG_Files.zip

Looking though the OutDial database we see that you started to play around with the "Line Selection" setting, instead of leaving it blank to allow any of the outgoing lines to be used...

You have "dxxB1C1" specified in that field, which is wrong - it should be "dxxxB1C1". That's why no outgoing calls are made...

Best to leave it blank when you are just trying out the system and then try specifying "dxxxB1C1" if that's the line you want the system to use.