VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can "and" Be Used In Database Query?

Hello,

I need to design an IVR system that checks users login details (eg: Access Number and Access PIN) if it matches the users details in the DB and brings out the users details. for exampls:

SELECT firstname, lastname, OtherUserDetails FROM ClientsTable WHERE Access Number =$RV[GetAccessNumber] AND Access PIN =$RV[GetAccess PIN]

would the exampls query above work? If no please help me with a working example of how i can implement user Login verification. All i need is to make sure that the user login details is currect. If not the system will ask them to input the login details again starting from the Access Number and Access PIN again.

Please i need your urgent help in this regards because i'm new at this. I am using MS Access DB and your VoiceGuide 5.2.5012a on a Dialogic card. Your help will be really aprreciated.

regards

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. i just want to know if i can use the "AND" in my database query. In all the examples i have been seeing in this forum and reply from your the Admin, I haven't seen any use of "AND" in database query. like select from database WHERE a=1 AND b=2

If you saying that VB Supports "AND" in database query then i will go ahead at try my query if it will work. Expecting your urgent reply.

regards

If I'm going to use another method to valid users Login ID and PIN code to make sure they match, how can i do that? can you please explain?.

Also how can i restric the number of retries the user can do before i log them off ot forward them to customer support. I am having problem in this regards and will also appreciate if you can render some help. i want to restrict the number of login attempts to 3 and afterward the IVR system will forward the user to customer support or login the user out. I have tried to implement this feature using your Evaluate Expression module F(S) feature in Voiceguide following the instruction in the VoiceGuide Help but no success.

can you please kindly explain the process to achive this. please

best regards

James

how can i restric the number of retries the user can do before i log them off ot forward them to customer support

Just us a counter to count how many times the caller has been through a particualr part of the script. An example is provided here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modEvalExpr.htm (see Example 10).

If you are having problems with your script you can post the script here and we can have a look at it for you as well.