VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Out Then Wait For 1 To Be Press

Hi.. I am very new to voiceguide. I am wondering if i can do the following with voiceguide.

I have a list of numbers to dial out with 2 wav file for each number. I want voiceguide to dial the numer and then play the first wav file. It keeps playing the first wav file until a key 1 is press. If key 1 was not pressed and the dialed number hangs up, then it will treat is as if it was not a successful connection and will try to dial up that number at a later time.

If key 1 is pressed, then the second wav file will be played and then the system will recognized this as a successful call. That number will be tagged as successful then will go on to the next number and do the same.

Thanks for any help.

VoiceGuide can do what you describe below, and is used in a number of similar applications already.

Please see our WWW from where you can download the fully working evaluation version of the software. The demonstrations supplied will get you running in a matter of minutes.

Basically you would just have a script consisting of two play modules with a the second play module started when the "1" key is pressed. Then specify that script as the script to be used when making outbound calls.

You should download the software next and have a look through the Help file and sample scripts.

Thanks .. Another question.. What license should i get to be able to run this kind of setup? The basic? or do i need to get the enterprise license?

I was able to download and used the dial file to create a list to dialout the nubmers. Can you guide me how i can add the script to say that they should press 1 to hear the message? And how i can pass different wav file that it should use..

Thanks

Are you using a voice modem or a Dialogic card?

With Voice modems the "Press 1 to accept the call" will be played automatically, with Dialogic card you don't really need to use this approach, but if you want to than you can just add a module at beginning of script which plays such a message.

I am using a dialogic card. But some calls will be made to a mobile/cell phone and i could not tell when there is a reall person who answers, so I need to have the messge to press 1.

I am building a list in th dialist and I give the number to dial and the wav file. DO i just change the wav file to play wth a message to press 1. How do i tell voiceguide that it is an unsuccessfull call?

I need to have the messge to press 1.

You need to add a Play module at beginning of script.

How do i tell voiceguide that it is an unsuccessfull call?

Re-queue the call using a "Send Phone Message" module.

I was able to create the script. I added the Play Module at the begining and added Digit 1. Then added the next Play module for the message. I am however having two problems.

First, When voiceguide calls and somebody answers, pressing 1 will not work all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It is not consistent. Is there something i should do to the module to make it consitently detect the '1' is pressed?

Second, when an answering machine answers or the digit 1 is not pressed, I added a send voice message. In that module, it ask for the the phone number. How do i get the dialed number?

Thanks

First, When voiceguide calls and somebody answers, pressing 1 will not work all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It is not consistent. Is there something i should do to the module to make it consistently detect the '1' is pressed?

Dialogic card's DTMF detection is usually very good... if it's not detecting the DTMF then in most cases it's the line or the phone used that's the problem. It could of course be the card as well, but we've never seen a Dialogic card fail in that way...

Are you using VG for Dialogic? You will need to if you want to detect DTMF tones on calls where Dialogic card thinks an Answering Machine answered the call.

I added a send voice message. In that module, it ask for the the phone number. How do i get the dialed number?

You want to que another call to be made again to the same number?

Try $RV_CALLEDNUMBER or $RV_CIDNUMBER

Dialogic card's DTMF detection is usually very good... if it's not detecting the DTMF then in most cases it's the line or the phone used that's the problem. It could of course be the card as well, but we've never seen a Dialogic card fail in that way...

Are you using VG for Dialogic? You will need to if you want to detect DTMF tones on calls where Dialogic card thinks an Answering Machine answered the call.

I am using a dialogic 160LS with voice guide and also. And, I am attaching the dialogic card to a gsm modem. I am using the system to call a gsm phone. Is that something to consider? Will that make a difference?

I am attaching the dialogic card to a gsm modem.

That may explain why your DTMF detection reliability is poor.

The quality of connections through some of the GSM terminals is poor...

Test with a normal phone line first...