VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

The Capacity Of Vg

Let's say I installed four dialogic T1 cards on a server with a 3.0 GB processor and 1 GB ram. Totally, there are 96 lines (in/out) can be in conversion at the same time. About 100 different voice mails with different scripts which have at least six to seven levels of menu will be setup on this server.

Question:

1) Is VG tested to handle such a large number of lines and number of voice mails? What is the maximum capacity of VG because I am going to setup a big IVR center.

2) how are the licenses be counted in this case and what is the cost?

3) Is it possible to redirect incoming call to other telephone number including long distance call? Any special requirement?

4) What is the maximum number of call handler supported by VG with dialogic card and T1 connection? I mean how many call can VG with T1 dialogic card pick up at the same time.

1) Is VG tested to handle such a large number of lines and number of voice mails? What is the maximum capacity of VG because I am going to setup a big IVR center.

Yes. Here are some recent load test results of VG running 120 lines on one machine: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3710

2) how are the licenses be counted in this case and what is the cost?

You just buy two 48 line licenses and put them on one system.

3) Is it possible to redirect incoming call to other telephone number including long distance call? Any special requirement?

On T1 lines the redirecting usually involves dialing out on another line and connecting that new outgoing and the original incoming call together. (called "Tromboning" of the calls) this is done using the "Dial and Conference" call transfer method. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modXfer.htm

4) What is the maximum number of call handler supported by VG with dialogic card and T1 connection? I mean how many call can VG with T1 dialogic card pick up at the same time.

Each T1 carries 24 lines, so that's how many calls each T1 can handle. As you mentioned already 4 T1s would give you 96 simultaneous calls, and VG can handle that easily.

The limit we place on system is 300 lines per server - but whether this is achievable or not depends on how much work you want the scripts to do during the call. If your scripts are fairly simple with no database interactions or time-intensive VBScripts or programs called from within then 300 is achievable, but if you call functions or programs from within your script which are time intensive then the practical port limit per system will be lower...