VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Time Evaluate

I need to collect an arrival time from my callers. I'd like to collect it as a 3 or 4 digit time, plus a variable for AM/PM.

Then I would like to use the "Say Numbers" module to read back the entry in a "Time HHNN" format.

I am collecting two variables:

ArriveT1 = 3 or 4 digit time (i.e. 915 or 1123)

ArriveT2 = 1 digit AM/PM indicator (1=AM, 2=PM)

I would like to have an "Evaluate Expression" module manipulate the input variables to pass a new variable to the "say Numbers" module. I have tried the following:

$RV[ArriveT1] + 1200*($RV[ArriveT2]-1)

This is failing when it gets to the repeat module, and is not saving the evaluated number in the logs. I also think that I may have to pad a time before 10:00 with a leading 0, as the say module in "Time HHNN" mode will not accept a simple 959, but needs a 0959 to play.

HELP!

Could you please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

I also think that I may have to pad a time before 10:00 with a leading 0, as the say module in "Time HHNN" mode will not accept a simple 959, but needs a 0959 to play.

That is correct - right now you will need to also evaluate whether $RV[ArriveT1] <1000 and if it is then another evaluate module can be used to prepend a "0". (v4.9.1 onwards can accept 3 digit hours for "Time HHNN" playing).

It may be easier to write a short VB Script to do all of the above instead of a series of Evaluate Expression modules...