VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Not Placing Calls

VG has stopped placing calls. The customer complained and I verfied this at 12:23 by attempting a call to my phone. I have attached the logs. VG is creating only two log files...usually there are three. Not sure why.

We are in the early stages of rolling out our product and have only one customer. This software makes up a small portion of our entire system yet seems to be responsible for quite a few of our failures. We hope to roll this out to about 1000 customers. I had asked for a quote from your sales department about adding a watchdog capability to avoid failures like the one above (email from martyreuss@cox.net). I really need to get this resolved and have a reliable solution for my customer.

Marty

0302tw.zip

You can see in the trace that VoiceGuide is making the calls, but then the Dialogic card is reporting that it has heard a busy tone on the line:

TDX_CALLP CR_BUSY (called line was busy)

You should edit the tone definitions in the ConfigLine.xml file to make the configuration settings match what is played by the PBX/Switch on your lines.

You should really be making use of sOnNotConnected option when loading calls, or monitoring the Uncontactable_NoAnswer result file if you want t be alerted of calls which were not answered...

Also looking through the vgm and tw log files will show you exactly what happened with the calls...

How do I detect if a line is available to be dialed out on. We only have three lines going to our 4 line Dialogic card. We have disabled one line. Two of our lines are attached to a PBX, it seems that the lines try to dial out even if a dial tone is not present. How do we change this.

In your response it said to change the config.xml to match our PBX, where do we find the recommended settings?

You have to select on which lines VG will attempt dialing out on. This can be done in Config.xml file and in the "View"->"Line Device Config" menu.

If a dial tone is not present on the lines then this means that that line is not functioning properly and you should not attempt calls on that line. Call the phone company and have them repair the line.

Your phone company should also be able to advise you what are the disconnect/busy/ringback tones which they play and then you can set the ConfigLine.xml file accordingly.

Also see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

Our main issue has been solved, it turns out that our PBX was not allowing us to dial out on our first two lines.

Our system is used only to deliver an outgoing tts message. We do not care if it is to an answering machine or person. The system works very reliably with landlines and most cell phones, however, we have a few cell phones/services that do not seem to work all the time. The issue is that the end user receives a call, but the tts message is not always played. What can we do to alleviate this problem?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I posted this problem already...hoping there is a better solution then ISDN lines. Again all we are doing is placing outgoing tts messages.

Time and date of post: 23rd February 2006 - 01:54 PM

Our main issue has been solved, it turns out that our PBX was not allowing us to dial out on our first two lines.

OK.

The system works very reliably with landlines and most cell phones, however, we have a few cell phones/services that do not seem to work all the time. The issue is that the end user receives a call, but the tts message is not always played. What can we do to alleviate this problem?

I posted this problem already...hoping there is a better solution then ISDN lines. Again all we are doing is placing outgoing tts messages.

Time and date of post: 23rd February 2006 - 01:54 PM

Answer was already posted in the thread you mention ( http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3772 ).

As a rule please do not ask the same question in multiple threads.