VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Problems On Upgrade

I recently purchased the upgrade from version 4.8 of VoiceGuide single line professional to version 5.2.5. I am trying to use our old scripts, voicemail greetings, etc.

When selecting the voicemail option from the menu, no greeting message is played, but rather the voicemail system just goes to a "beep" and then begins recording...however, the recorded message is also not attached to the voicemail box for which the message was left. In addition, I get a vbs runtime error message at the end of attempting to leave a voicemail.

Please help.

Operating system is Windows 2000 with all latest updates.

VoiceGuide is Professional Edition, Single line license, verison 5.2.5012.

A copy of my log files from a sample session are enclosed, along with a screen capture of the VBS error that appears following an attempt to leave a voicemail.

Thank you for your time.

-Dave Melczer

log.zip

Please .ZIP up an post all the .VGS and .VGP scritps currently in your \system\vm\ subdirectory.

Please unzip attached files and place them in VG's \system\vm\ subdirectory.

If you still have problems after that please try unregistering VG by temporarily renaming USERINFO.INI and restarting VG and see if you have same problems in evaluation mode.

The issue we found (and fixed in provided file) seems like the one that is causing the problem here, and would be an issue on Professional license systems only, and only when the caller is asked to select the VM box to use instead of being routed directly to a particular voicemail box.

We will update main v5.x distribution with the fixed files soon.

vm.zip

Yes indeed...that VGP definitely fixes all of the problems I mentioned! There was no need to re-register...

You guys (or gals) are AMAZINGLY FAST!

Thank you very much! I am back in business!

-Dave Melczer