VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Customizing Vglm.vgs

Hello,

I'm evaluating VoiceGuide using (2) voice modems. I'm also learning vbs scripting as I test. While trying to customize to fit my needs, I am having problems.

From vmLm.vgs (module VmLmRecInit) I changed the time date stamp format from:

sDateTimeStamp = Mo & Dy & Hr & Mi & Sc

To:

sDateTimeStamp = Yr & "-" & Mo & "-" & Dy & "-" & Hr & Mi

This changes the recorded incoming message filename from:

0001_0216124500_1_0_4105551212_.wav

To:

0001_2006-02-16-1245_1_0_4105551212_.wav 'added year and dashes and removed the seconds

This creates a problem in Voicemail Manager. The modified file name will not be listed in the messages under voice mail box 0001.

If I change the code back to your sDateTimeStamp value, leave a new message to box 0001, it works again.

I see this code which uses sFname . . .

' ' 'snip

sNewRv = "[VmLmRecFilename]{" & sFname & "}[MsgLenMax]{" & sMsgLenMax & "}[Vmb_Name]{" & sVmb_Name & "}"

but I've not yet learned the purpose of this section.

Is there a way that I can set two variables, one for the recorded filename, one to comply with viewing in the Voicemail Manager?

example:

sFnameForVMMgr = sVmbId & "_" & sDateTimeStamp & "_1_" & iLineId & "_" & sContactNumber & '"_$RV[VmbId_Reply].wav"

sFnameForWaveFile = sVmbId & "_" & sCustomDateTimeStamp & "_1_" & iLineId & "_" & sCompanyName & "_" & sContactNumber & ".wav"

OR - should I play around with $RV[VmLmRecFilename] which I found on VmLmRec?

OR - Is there a .vgs section for the Voicemail Manager?

I would like to customize the recorded filenames, but I'm not yet sure how to do this.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris

You could try adding your extra information at the end of the first section of the filename (ie. just before the ".").

The voicemail manager relies on the filename to be in particular format so that it can read in it's details - but it may handle info added just before ".' ok.

The format of vm msg filenames must be in:

XXXX_??????????_?_*.wav

where XXXX is the voicemailbox id.

Thanks,

XXXX_??????????_?_*.wav

So this is hard coded.

I'll invent another scheme (as I learn better coding skills) or just work around it. But for now, onto understanding other aspects of the program.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Regards,

Chris