VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfer Is Not Working

Hi.

I'm working with VG for Dialogic and a D/4PCIU card (System Release 5.1.1 SP1 over Windows 2000 SP4) and I have recently updated VoiceGuide from version 6.0.2028 to 6.0.3002.

With the new version, the call transfer is not working. It seems that VoiceGuide is dialing but the phone being tranferred to is not ringing.

I have removed the OutdialQue.mdb file but it still doesn't work.

Please, help.

call_transfer.zip

Does the extension ring when you just make a normal call to it using the Dialer?

When the hookflash transfer is being made what does the original caller hear? Are they being put on hold?

I haven't got a license for using the Dialer, so I can't prove it. I've tried, but it does nothing.

When the hookflash transfer is made, the original caller is put on hold and hears a tone indicating that the call is on hold. The caller hears the same as when call transfer works.

Have you tried putting a comma before the number to be dialed, or maybe even before each of the digits to be dialed. This is an easy test to see if maybe the digits are dialed too quickly for the PBX to understand - (however there have been no changes made to the default dialing speed between the two versions of VG you mention).

Best to first try dialing the number directly.

To test the dialer you can just temporarily unregister VoiceGuide.

To unregister VoiceGuide please rename the file USERINFO.INI in VoiceGuide's directory, then restart VoiceGuide.

The dialer doesn't work. I'm adding a new entry in the database with the Telephone Number Loader but the number never gets dialed. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the Dialer enabled?

Are any of the lines set to allow dialout?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before loading the new call.

The logs will also be saved in files in \log\ directory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

In previous post you said:

I haven't got a license for using the Dialer,

Do you have the license for the dialer now?

Please update to latest current version as on our WWW.

Delete the .mdb files in VG's \system\data\ subdirectory and then start VG.

Set log level to 10 and the open Number Loader and load a new number to call.

Please .ZIP them up and post log files from \log\ directory.

I have updated to the latest version (VG 6.0.3055) and now everything works fine: the phone rings when the dialer dials out and the call transfer is done correctly.

Thanks for help.

OK, glad to hear it's all working.

Sometimes when updating from older version of VG the .mdb database files in VG's \system\data\ directlry need to be deleted to allow the newer version of VG to re-create them (on restart) in the new format.