VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Announced Transfer

Hi.

Im having a problem with the Dialogic Dial and Conference announced transfer. When the outbound call is placed, VG is conferencing the calls as soon as the dialed number answers - its at no stage attempting to play the announce message specified in my script.

Im trying to build an on-Call system, whereby the user dials a number and VG cycles through a list of numbers, dialing each until someone presses the correct key to acknowledge the call. I dont want to bridge the calls though until an acknowledgmt is recieved.

Ive tried this before and it didnt work - ive since installed the dialogic (D600JCT) into a new machine and it still doesnt work. Its version 6.0.2303 with a revised OCX to fix the silence detection issue. I know i need to upgrade to the newest Dialogic patch ( but i need to clarify if that version includes the silence detection fix before i roll it out ).

Please help!

Im not in a position to post the trace files at the moment as I dont have access to the machine.

Regards

David Riches

Are you sure that the oprion selected was "Announced Transfer" and not "Blind" or "Monitored" ?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachements.

Attached is the .zip file containing the debug logs.

a quick snippet from the log shows:

093506.90 95 timeout on transfer attempt set by VG.INI [PBX] AnnouncedTransfersMaxWaitTime (30 sec)

093507.04 95 timer set 30 EV_TIMEOUT_ANNOUNCED_TRANSFER_ATTEMPT_TOOK_TOO_LONG

093507.07 95 state [Divert] Announced Dial and Connect to 07973821224

could this be the problem?

announce.zip

Hello David,

Please update to v6.0.3002 available from our WWW and then further update with attached .EXE

If you still have problems then please post the traces from the attached 6.0.3047 version.

Updating to v6.0.3002 first is important - you need to use the latest ktTelControl with the attached exe.

Not too sure what silence detection issue you're referring to, but the latest ocx should contain all the fixes for various issues resolved over the last few months...

VgMulti_6.0.3047.zip

I have resinstalled voiceguide, and applied the two updates.

Now we are not getting any prompts played and voiceguide is crashing after a couple of calls. On rebooting the server windows then informs me of the voiceguiide crash and asks to send details to microsoft!

I have attached the logs.

0216tw.zip

Which Dialogic's SR drivers are you running on this system?

What is the protocol on the E1 lines?

Also, which verison of Windows are you running?

We will try to replicate this here and see what could be causing a problem like this.

This new ocx may fix the issues that are happening on your system.

Please post trace if still having problems.

When doing announced call transfers in Script Designer make sure to go to "Dial and Conference" tab and in the "Bridge Calls Together When" select the bottom option: "Voice or Answering Machine is detected. Listen for disconnect tones. (DX_PAMDOPTEN)"

ktTelControl_050217.zip