VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Caller Id Issues

Hello,

I am about to start deploying Voice Guide in a service that requires me get caller ID for every caller. I have checked my modem configuration and it supports caller ID. But Voice Guide only pops up the caller ID once in a while and at other times does not pop it up.

When I check the Event trace logs, I find that it only pops my caller ID whenever it is shown in the Event trace logs. At other times when it is not shown, it does not pop my caller ID.

Pls help in anyway you can.

Sounds like the modem is not reporting Caller ID on some calls - does the telephone company always send Caller ID for all calls?

Either the phone company is not sending Caller ID all the time, or the modem does not always read it correctly...

I am getting the same problem and have another phone attached to the same line which gets the caller id all the time. I am using a Modem Blaster v.92 PCI which is supposed to function ok.

Please cc my email thanks.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures an incoming call, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)