VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Network Of Pc-s With Voice Modems

I am working on a new business idea for which I need VG to provide a service similar to a telephone banking system. I would like to start with 2, 3 or 4 lines and with minimum investment at the beginning until I can test the market and be more certain that the idea works.

The obvious way to go is to buy a 4-line Dialogic card. However, as an alternative, I am thinking to use my existing PC-s and voice modems and connect them to form a network and buy 2, 3 or 4 1-line VG licenses for each PC. I will use MySQL as a database and Windows XP.

Dialing out is not important function for this business idea at the beginning.

This solution would save the cost of a Dialogic card and reduce my dependency on it. If the business turns out profitable, I do not mind investing much more to create a more professional system – even if the overall license fees and other costs will be higher this way.

Could you give me some feedbacks, tips and guidelines about this PC networking idea? Especially, what are the potential problems I may face – other than the quality and functionality difference between voice modems and Dialogic cards?

The computers would be in the same room. I do not expect many calls and the system will be on just from 8 am to 11 pm.

I do not have networking experience – but I know how to share files between 2 pc-s connecting them through their LAN cards.

I would also appreciate some tips how to build this network.

P.S. In an earlier message you mentioned that the “one PC with several voice modems” idea is not feasable. That's why I am thinking about this approach.

The amount of time you will save will more the justify the purchase of a Dialogic card... If a brand new card is outside your budget then you may want to have a look for used Dialogic cards on Ebay.