VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

General

Could someone please clarify the following questions please:

What is CTMedia and how does it differ from TAPI, which is better and why ?

Can VG identify which phone number has been called to run the corresponding script and how does it identify the number called ?

Can VG call other scripts from a script ?

For exampl we run three businesses via the same phone system and promote different numbers for each business, I would need VG to identify which business has been called then run the appropriate script.

Thanks

Henry

CT Media (now named by Intel as "NetMerge Converged Communications Software" or "NetMerge CCS") is used for larger installations (usually 60+ ports) where the demands placed on the computer by running that many telephone lines simultaneously requires specialized 'server software' to manage playing/recording of sound files etc... NetMerge CCS is this 'server software'.

If you have a large installation then you should be looking at using the CT-Media version of VoiceGuide, otherwise the TAPI version will be fine.

Right now VoiceGuide cannot call other scripts from a script. It's high on a to-do list and will be implemented...

we run three businesses via the same phone system and promote different numbers for each business, I would need VG to identify which business has been called then run the appropriate script.

Easily done - when the call is transferred to the extension which VoiceGuide answers the PBX can send 'Inband Signaling' to indicate which number was called - and VoiceGuide can read this information and then branch to the correct part of the script - playing the appropriate message etc for this call.

As I do not want to have the logic for all businesses in the one script, very large and clumbersome, the possibility of calling scripts from within scripts would be very good.

Is there an ETA when this functionality may be available, I do not wish to purchase only to find that the version with these features is realeased one or two months later.

Thanks

Henry

I don't have an ETA on 'sub-scripting'. I know it's being worked on right now. I would expect it to take more then a month from now for full release...