VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg On Dialogic D/600jct 2e1

Since a couple of days ago, I'm trying to run VG on this platform:

Windows 2000 SP 4

D/600JCT 2E1 (only one connected to PSTN)

I have made two attemps

Using:

dialogic software SR 5.1.1 SP 1 (including TAPI), Globalcall 3.0 (since the interface with the PSTN have to use CAS R2 signalling)

VG 5.2.5012

Result:

a) Dialogic talker 32 runs almost perfect, i could make and recibe calls, it was not possible to play wav files, I got the message first waveoutopen failed err=32 (I have reinstalled wave drivers as is descrived on VG help file)

B) runing VG I got the state "waiting for answer" on my side, and the lines on the pstn got the idle state, but when I placed a call, nothing happen, the VG logs stay empty, the PSTN release the call after a timeout.

Using:

dialogic software SR 5.1.1 SP 1(without TAPI), Globalcall 3.0 (since the interface with the PSTN have to use CAS R2 signalling)

VG 5.2.5012, voiceguide for Dialogic Patch, config file attached

Result:

a) Dialogic talker don't run because the TAPI is missing

B) running VG I got the state "waiting for answer"on my side, but the lines on the PSTN side didn't got idle, then it is not possible to place phone calls

So, I wonder if you can help me to get VG runing, to start with I wolud like to now what of the two aproaches is better for this aplication (CAS R2), and then i would like to do some troubleshooting until get VG fully running.

Thanks in advance.

That file is a zipped version of my config.xml file.

However I have got news:

I have made a modification on the config.xml file (zipped attached), now I Got "waiting for a call" state on my VG screen and Idle on the PSTN side. I can place a call now, but nothing happens, the event trace log and the call log on the VG remains empty

Config.rar

Please set the trace level to 9 and restart VG. Log files will appear in VG's \log\ subdirectory. Please .ZIP up these files and post them here.

Please post .ZIP files, not .RAR or .EXE etc.

(We've deleted the .exe you posted beforehand)

Dear Admin,

I really appreciate your fast answer. I'm sorry for the previous files.

Here are the zipped log files.

Thank you

logs.zip

Traces suggest the lines were open fine...

Can you try using the pdk_ar_r2_io protocol?

Is it possible for you to change those lines to be ISDN lines rather then CAS? ISDN is much easier to debug and get going then CAS (and it has more features).

Also please uninstall SR5.1.1 and GC etc and just install SR6.0 SU84 (no need to isntall SR6.0 beofrehand - SR6.0 SU84 is a standalone all-included distribution) and see if you get better results with it.

Please try placing attached OCX in Windows' System32 directory and restarting VoiceGuide.

Please the post MMDDtw.txt trace capturing the VG start.

ktTelControl.zip

Dear Admin,

I have followed your instructions.

Now the lines go much faster to the "waiting for a call" status, when I placed a call, I can see the progres of the script on the VG window until the release of the call; however, nothing is played on the phone. It seems that the voice resources used for the in band signaling, are not ready to play the message.

I'm still using the protocol ar_r2_io, because with pdk_ar_r2_io it is not possible to place calls.

Attached is the log you have asked for.

Thanks a lot for your help, I feel very close to the solution

0131tw.zip

Please update with attached OCX and post the trace capturing startup and incoming call. This OCX has some more tracing which should show us what is happening.

with pdk_ar_r2_io it is not possible to place calls

Can we just try to see if it works for incoming calls?

ktTelControl.zip

I've changed the OCX, and I make 2 attempts:

using pdk_ar_r2_io protocol, I have originated a phone call from the pstn, but nothing happens on the VG window.

using ar_r2_io protocol, I have originated a phone call from the pstn, I could see the progres of the script on the VG window, but still nothing is played to the phone. This time i have changed the first wav file on the script, for one with 11 Khz, 8bits, mono just in case, but it didn't work.

There is a missunderstanding, I'm placing calls only from the PSTN to the computer, the opposite way does not work using both protocols.

here are the log files for both attempts.

log_files.zip

hmm.. traces look fine (when ar_r2_io is used).

Can you please set the trace level to 10. (It will take a bit longer at init time as more checks are done) and again post the traces. (just ar_r2_io is fine).

Were you able to get this card to answer a call and play a sound file when using any other software (esp. demo programs form Dialogic)?

Dear support team,

Here are the log files at level 10.

Regarding to your last question, using SR 5.1.1 ,SP1,and GC 3.0 Dialogic talker 32 runs almost perfect, I could make and receive calls, it was not possible to play wav files, I got the message "first waveoutopen failed err=32". However, inband signaling work fine and the card have pass all the test on the dialogic diagnostic utility.

logfiles10.zip

The traces show that Dialogic reports that the playing of sound file begins OK, and that all initialization is OK.

The next thing I'd be trying is switching to SR6.0 SU84 (uninstall current SR first) and see if this improves anything...

I have tried with SR 6.0 SU 87 (I couldn't get SU 84), but it didn't work, still there are no wave files played over the phone, I gave out R2 signalling.

So, following your recommendation, I have changed to ISDN PRI, using this platform:

Dialogic SR 6.0 build 61

hardware: d/600jct 2E1 120 (same as before)

Now, the incoming calls are answered, the credit card script runs normally and the wav files are played over the phone. Unfortunately, after one or two calls, VG is closed and this message appears on the screen:

vgmulti.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows, you should restart the program. an error register will be generated.

Then if i restart vg, the program is closed again at the beginning of the first call.

I don't know what else I can do. Attached are the log files from my last tries.

Thanks in advance for your help

report1.zip

Can we look at this machine using PCAnywhere or WinVNC?

Please send connection details to support@VoiceGuide.com

Dear support team,

I will do my best to get wathever is necessary to run PC anywhere as soon as possible.

Until everything gets ready, have you any suggestion to work with, in the mean time?

Thankyou

No idea what this could be... in most likelihood its some DLL mismatch...

SR 6.0 SU 87 is a very new release as well - maybe that has something to do with it...

We really need to see the system to see what is happening and how its happening and we'll take it from there.