VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Inserting Hyperlink In The Database

My requirement is following: The callers to my IVR system are asked about their identification and are given option to record their problem in voice format (.wav file) by using the RECORD module of Vocie Guide. This WAV file is saved in a directory and the path of this file is stored in a field in the MS Access database as a text along with toher information for this call. The type of the filed where link of the voice file is stored in the dtatbase is defined as a "hyperlink". But when I am inserting the link from VoiceGuide to the database using INSERT statement in the DATABASE module, it saves the path as a link in the "hyperlink field" and does not save the hyperlink information for this path. So I cannot play that file from the database by clicking on the link. Instead, if I simply cut and paste back the same hyperlink in the same field, it works.

Any clue, how to dela with this???

Or if there is anyother way of achieving the same objective i.e. playing the respective recorded voice files from the database for each record. Thanks a lot in advance.

This is more of an Access programming question, but a quick search on

http://www.google.com/groups

using the keywords below:

MS Access SQL insert hyperlink field

brought up the below... if that does not help I'd recommend looking more on Google or on MS Access related sites...

According to the A97 help file article "About hyperlink addresses in

hyperlink fields and controls" you can store the "display text"

portion of the hyperlink like so:

displaytext#address#subaddress

Use the "#" to delimit the 3 parts of the hyperlink field.  See the

above named help article for more info.