VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Recording Program & Quality Control

Hi, I am developing a system that requires my sound recordings are recorded at a specific quality, ie. one of the following:

8kHz WAV mono 16bit linear

8kHz WAV mono ALAW

8kHz WAV mono uLAW

I have searched through all of Windows 2000's sound & recording options, to only find that no matter what I do the Voice Guide recordings are all at PCM 11.025 kHz, 8 bit Mono. Windows seems to default to this without letting me overide it. I am using a Dialogic D/41JCT-LS card and I have read here on this forum that I must record at PCM 11.025 kHz, 8 bit Mono, but I would like to know if I can force Voice Guide/Windows to record at the quality I am after? And if so, how can I go about doing this?

I tried downloading another sound recording app (Total Recorder), and changing the RecEditor variable in the VG.INI file to the executable for this program - but it seemed to stop my dialogic wave drivers from working (sound started playing out of speakers, instead of phone), and nothing was recording.

Any help of this would be greatly appreciated.

The Dialogic Wave driver will only record at PCM 11.025 kHz, 8 bit Mono.

There are some programs out there which can convert one format to another when appropriate command line switches are used. You can call one these programs from VoiceGuide's Run Programs to convert the sound files to the desired format.

You can use VoiceGuide's Result Variables to specify the name of the last recorded sound file in the command line used by the "Run Program" module.

Sometimes installing 3rd party Sound Recording software results in the Dialogic (or voice modem) wave drivers being re-mapped incorrectly, resulting in the sound files from the running script being played through the computer's speakers. In these situations the Dialogic (or voice modem) wave drivers should be uninstalled and the re-installed again in order to have them play the sound files through the correct output device.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Do you happen to know of any such command-line based conversion programs that are available? I've been searching for a while now - but nothing seems to do what I'm after.

If the Dialogic Wave Drivers only record at PCM 11.025 kHz, 8 bit Mono, then will installing third party software achieve anything?

Thanks again.

Please see:

http://www.spies.com/Sox/

Otherwise there are many free MP3<->Wav converters out there that you can run from command line, so another approach would be to first convert your WAV to a temporary MP3 and then on the next line of your batch file convert that temporary MP3 to a WAV format of your choice...