VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Analog Or Digital?

Hello,

I am thinking to buy a card for 4 lines. Maybe Dialogic.

If I subscribe for the telephone service of two or more different telephone companies to get 4 phone lines altogether, can it cause any technical problems? (maybe they have different signaling? etc.)

I am not sure about the significance of the difference between analog and digital regarding to the phone line? Should it influence my choice which (Dialogic) card to buy?

My present phone line is also used for broadband internet with an ADSL modem. Is my line digital or analog?

What factors should I consider when I decide which Dialogic card to buy?

Does it matter which country I live in? Maybe different countries have different telephone signaling standards.

Which 2 or 3 Dialogic card models are the most suitable in my case?

If voice modem is out of question and Dialogic is too expensive, what are the other choices.

In your help file Dialogic, Natural Microsystems, Brooktrout, AI-Logix are mentioned.

Are they basically in the same price catgory with the same functionality?

CAPI (ISDN) cards are also mentioned. My telephone line is not good for them, is it?

If I subscribe for the telephone service of two or more different telephone companies to get 4 phone lines altogether, can it cause any technical problems? (maybe they have different signaling? etc.)

It will give you a lot of headaches, but nothing that cannot be overcome - just depends how persistent you are... do yourself a favour and get all lines from the same phone company.

My present phone line is also used for broadband internet with an ADSL modem. Is my line digital or analog?

Analog.

What factors should I consider when I decide which Dialogic card to buy?

For analog use D/4PCIU or D/41JCT if you want to do "Dial and Conference".

Does it matter which country I live in? Maybe different countries have different telephone signaling standards.

D/PCIU and D/41JCT will work everywhere.

If voice modem is out of question and Dialogic is too expensive, what are the other choices

Not much. The ones you mention are outdated.

CAPI (ISDN) cards are also mentioned. My telephone line is not good for them, is it?

No, it's not. CAPI is hard to get going.

You recommended : D/4PCIU and D/41JCT will work everywhere.

I went to Intel's web site and they say that D/PCIU is retired:

"Retired product - This document describes the Intel Dialogic D/4PCIU voice board which is no longer available. Consider migrating to the Intel Dialogic D/4PCIUF or D/4PCIU4S combined media board.."

Do you have experience or feedback from others about the the two models they recommend?

D/4PCIU is still sold everywhere.

D/4PCIUF and D/4PCIU4S are same as D/4PCIU, but with a few extra features (which VG does not use).

D/4PCIUF and D/4PCIU4S are fine for use with VG.

Any currently sold analog card from Dialogic is fine for use with VG.