VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Hangs Up

Hi,

I am new to the VoiceGuide system and I have been put in charge of getting it to work. Someone else did all the programming for the system, so I am left teaching myself how to use it. From what I can see all functions seem to be coded and ready for use. The system is being used to activate debit cards. The caller is asked to input several items (phone number, card number, last four digits of card number, zip code, exp. date, and PIN number). When the system reaches the point of asking for the exp. date and the user inputs the information the voice response comes on saying that it can not complete the process and hangs up.

Can anyone tell me what would cause this and where I should start looking to correct the problem? I know that it is set to query the database but I do not know how to check if this action is working properly or if this is my problem at all.

I would appreciate all the help you can offer. I am on a tight time constraint with completing this project.

Thank you in advance,

jrprog

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachements.

Trace shows that the database query is failing on this system:

100420.89 5 OpenRecordset: 3146:ODBC--call failed.

I'd check that database connectivity and maybe try a few simple queries to it first to make sure it works.

a more worrying trace is captured for the preceding call:

100130.79  5 [getPhone] Playing (sounds2\phone2.wav)

100130.87  5 play set playid=742758

100131.18  5 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\dbtest\sounds2\phone2.wav]

100131.26  5 timer clear

100131.33  5 wa(4941,74275800)

100131.42  5 callstate DISCONNECTED 66050 0 0

100131.50  5 ScriptEventCode 9250 iLineState=1300

100131.58  5 LsGetNbrsPlayWelcMsg EV_REMOTEPARTY_DISCONNECT

Looks like your telephony device reported a 'Disconnect' soon after starting of the playing of sound files. Are you using a voice modem?