VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Board D/41esc & Loop Drop Detection

Hello,

I am having little difficulties with detecting hangup. I called in VG for dialogic, then remove the phone jack from the dialogic board D/41ESC, and VG did not hangup which tells me that my dialogic board is not detecting loop drop or VG for dialogic is not hanging up upon loop drop. Is there a setting for loop drop detection? what I need to do to solve this problem? Thanks.

In ConfigLine.xml file in the 'Rules' section find entry for SendDisconnectOnLoopCurrentDrop and set it's value to 1. This way the disconnect will occur when loop current drop is detected.

The current release of VG for Dialogic should however hangup on Loop Current Drop - are you using a version earlier then 6.0.2378?

On analog lines disconnect detection can also be done by listening out for disconnect tones. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

I am using the latest version of VG for dialogic 6.0.2378. However as posted before the board or VG is not detecting the loop drop. I would guess it might be the board since VG rely on the board to inform it. Is there any settings that I need to set for the board to detect loop drop or there are no settings for that ?

Also, forgot to mention that I did change the value to 1 in the configline file under the Rules / loop drop detection ..thanks

I'd say it's the board that has the problem...

Have you tried using Voice Horoscope and seeing if it reacts to the line being removed from the phone jack?

I went ahead and tried it, and yes it hung up once the line was removed .. so what do you recommend trying next?

Could you please post a copy of MMDDtw.txt trace which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option. Set log level to 9.

Restart VG. Make a call and remove line from socket.

Log files wil be in \log\ directory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachements.

Attached file seems to be 278 bytes in size only...

The files contained within it are empty...

I am truly sorry, I am not sure what happened. I made sure this time, the file is proper to open and review. Thanks for your patience.

hd.zip

Trace shows:

010434.647 001 ev    DE_LCOF does not cause DISCONNECTED event as Rule: SendDisconnectOnLoopCurrentDrop=0

Looks like the Rules section was not modifed corrctly as per previous posts in this thread...

I double checked the configline.xml file, and I do indeed have the the value set to 1, so is the default to 1 under the rules/ senddisconnectonloopcurrentdrop. Thats strange. the file is attached for your reference.

ConfigLine.zip

Please place attached OCX in Windows' System32 are restart VG. You should see this in MMDDtw.txt trace:

182149.234    xml  sCurrConfig_SetParm_key=[sendDisconnectOnLoopCurrentDrop]

182149.234    rule  SendDisconnectOnLoopCurrentDrop = 1

ktTelControl_050116.zip

Thank you very much .. That fixed it. but now I am curious ... was that a bug in VG? or was it something specific to my equipment? I am happy, this issue over with :)

Looks like the version of ktTelcontrol you were using did not support the "SendDisconnectOnLoopCurrentDrop" rule properly.

The version we provided does.

If possible can you provide an older MMDDtw.txt trace which captures program startup - we will then be able to see which version of ktTelcontrol was on your system beforehand...