VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Dialer

I've encountered a few problems while attempting to use VG Dialer.

Please respond to each question.

1. Out Dialer will not use dial prefix that I set. Help file says:

Prefix to add

The number to dial before each of the numbers provided in the ‘Phone numbers’ text box or in the ‘list file’. This entry is used if a certain number has to be dialed to reach an outgoing line or if using an override code when dialing.

This does not work with "OutDial_New.xml" or with the voice mail forward number.

I'm trying to use"9,".

2. How can I control the Out Dial line that the Voice Mail Forward Uses? I've had to manually edit the config. file to prevent dialing out on certain lines. I know when I use the "OutDial_New.xml" I can control the line using the "LineSelection".

3. OutDialQue.mdb can't be deleated using the "Delet Dial List" button. I'm using ver. 5.2.1024

4. Where can I veiw a list of qued calls?

5. Voice Mail Forwarding hangs up when call is answered. When I use xml to do out dialing it will deliver the message I want but when Voice Mail attempts to forward a message to me it hangs us just after I answer.

6. Is there a "New Message Flag" that is set per mailbox? What I'd like to do is be able to set days and times that different types of notification would occur. For instance if someone leaves a new message for me durning normal business hours I do not want it forwarding the message. But after hours I would like it to notify me if there were still "New Messages" in my VM box. On weekends I would like all "New Messages" forwarded to me.

The "OutDial_New.xml" file will almost do this. There are a few things that would need to be added to make it function correctly. I would need the ability to set the "Start" and "Stop" times on a per day basis.

sMondayTimeStart

sMondayTimeStop

sTuesdayTimeStart

sTuesdayTimeStop

sWednsdayTimeStart

sWednsdayTimeStop

and so on

I would also need some way for the dialer to check to see if the Voice Mail Box still contained a "New Message".

iNewVMMessageFlag

I don't want the dialer notifing me if I have already retrieved the message.

In my application I also need the Escalation feature that is contained in the xml file.

I've already found the answer to the number 2 question above.

2. How can I control the Out Dial line that the Voice Mail Forward Uses? I've had to manually edit the config. file to prevent dialing out on certain lines. I know when I use the "OutDial_New.xml" I can control the line using the "LineSelection".

The answer is on the "Misc." tab of the Voice Mail Manager.

I couldn't find anything in the Help File about this.

This does not work with "OutDial_New.xml" or with the voice mail forward number.

I assume that you are referring to the prefix in the Telephone Number Loader? This prefix is only used when loading numbers using the Telephone Number Loader...

3. OutDialQue.mdb can't be deleated using the "Delet Dial List" button. I'm using ver. 5.2.1024

You need to stop VoiceGuide first.

4. Where can I veiw a list of qued calls?

Look in OutDialQue.

5. Voice Mail Forwarding hangs up when call is answered. When I use xml to do out dialing it will deliver the message I want but when Voice Mail attempts to forward a message to me it hangs us just after I answer.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout (.ZIPed) which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

What I'd like to do is be able to set days and times that different types of notification would occur.

You can modify the Voicemail scripts in whatever way you like - see the \system\vm\ subdirectory.