VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help With Tts & Fax On Demand

I currently have the single line version of VG, but am looking to upgrade to 4 or more lines.

Got a couple of "problems" though which I need to sort out first, can anyone help.

1. At present I record text files using Text Aloud and then play them back as a caller calls in. There is a significant delay between the caller selecting the file he wants to hear and the file being played back. Is there anyway around this? The files are around 4 minuites long.

2. I have Natural Voices and wonder how easy it is to implement TTS on VG? Does it do live TTS?

3. I need to set up a fax on demand service. Will VG issue fax on demand, i.e. where the callers dials in, selects the fax they want and then Winfax sends it to them without the caller hanging up?

All of the above is for a premium rate weather service.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Simon

UK

There is a significant delay between the caller selecting the file he wants to hear and the file being played back.

Some modem drivers will take some time to load and start playing such long files. Dialogic cards can play long files with out any delays.

I have Natural Voices and wonder how easy it is to implement TTS on VG?

Other customers have set up Natural Voices with VG - you just need to select Natural Voices as the default voice in the SAPI configuration and VoiceGuide will automatically use it when generating TTS.

I need to set up a fax on demand service.

WinFax would make a call itself to send the faxes out - it would be a separate outgoing call - the fax cannot be sent on the same call...

Means that VoiceGuide for the moment does not have the Fax on Demand feature?

This is very disapointed :(

'you just need an application like WinFax, and VG will pass wny faxes to WinFax and then that app will send them out (making another call on another phone line).'

Can I use only one line to perform fax on demand? connect my dialogic card and modem to one same line. when the fax demand call finish, hanging the call and VG pass the fax to winfax and send it through same line? or use only one Modem and one line to perform this rask?

My another question is that in order to query database and send the data to fax, Do I have to use dialogic card? or just modem can handle this?

many thanks!

Can I use only one line to perform fax on demand? connect my dialogic card and modem to one same line.

Yes, that should be possible. You just need to set WinFax ti answer after many rings, to make sure VoiceGuide answers any incoming calls first.

in order to query database and send the data to fax, Do I have to use dialogic card? or just modem can handle this?

You can by all means try it with a modem and see if the results are satisfactory for you. Our official line is not recommend use of Voice Modems.