VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Change Of Outgoing Msn

Hi,

I'm using a Diva ISDN Pro2 card (2 lines ISDN) and ComISDN.

I've tested VoiceGuide and tried to transfer incoming calls to outgoing, but would like to use different outgoingnumber (MSN) based on the incomming calls.

I've asked Comisdn and the answer is like this:

"If Voiceguide enables to set the CallerID (Outgoing MSN) for an outgoing call, then you may be able to modify your VoiceGuide scripts in order to set the CallerID of the outgoing call to the value of the CalledID of the incoming call. (The TAPI application (VoiceGuide) needs to support lineMakeCall/lineSetupTransfer with parameter LINECALLPARAMS.dwCallingPartyIDXXX)."

I've tried to look on your web, but haven't found a way to transfer a callerid for the outgoing call to comISDN, can somebody help me ?

Best regards,

Jesper

Does your telephone provider allow you to set your own CallerID on the BRI lines?

Usually you need to be setup as a 'carrier-level' type entity before you would be allowed to set the CallerID.

In most cases he CallerID setting you supply would be just ignored by the phone company and they would replace it with the CallerID associated with your line.

If you still want to go head with Voiceguide setting the CallerID on the outgoing call then send an email to sales@VoiceGuide.com. The TAPI version of VG would need to be modified to set the CallerID on outgoing calls the way you want.

I don't want to send the CallerID from the Third party caller.

depending on which of three different number the caller calls, I will have the outgoing call be using one of three different outgoing numbers assoiciated to my ISDN.

Is this possible to be done in voiceguide ?

I don't want to send the CallerID from the Third party caller.

OK, from previous post reading this section made us think that that's what you wanted:

in order to set the CallerID of the outgoing call to the value of the CalledID of the incoming call.

Either way, at this stage the TAPI version of VG would need to be modified to set the CallerID on outgoing calls the way you want. Send an email to sales@voiceguide.com to get costs associated with this.

I asked your sales persons back in January, but never got any answer.

Now I've look into the MSN problem again I believe it's a feature you are missing.

I'll suggest you develop the MSN feature by you self to improve you product and get it working with comISDN

Setting of outgoing CallerID is supported on VoiceGuide for Dialogic, but at this stage there are no plans to add this functionality to VoiceGuide v5.x (TAPI version).

Setting of outgoing CallerID is supported on VoiceGuide for Dialogic.

VoiceGuide for Dialogic is the "v6.x" of VG.

If a little support for this idea be useful to help you decide to add outbound ISDN caller-id to TAPI VG, then I would be interested in seeing this.