VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Hanging

Hi There.

Merry Xmas.

Over the last 2 days, VG has hung twice. The main VG screen freezes, showing what was happening at the the of the freeze. We are running high volumes of calls at the moment, around 3000 in am 8 hour period, but nothing that VG wont be able to handle.

Rebooting the machine brings the service back up, but its just VG that freezes.

Are there any log files i can examine to establish what may be causing this ( ive checked the event logs etc )

regards

David

What version of VoiceGuide are you running?

Are you using voice modems or Dialogic cards? Which ones?

What version of Windows and Dialogic divers are you using?

Are you running any traces? Can you post any traces capturing what happened?

Voice Guide version: 6.0.2303

Dialogic Card: D600JCT1E1

Dialogic Drivers 5.1.1 SP1+FP1

Windows 2000 SP4

What traces could I run ? Are there any default log files I can send you?

I have just found the log files, and there are lots of errors. here is an extract from the file:

235028.465 095 ev GCEV_DISCONNECTED

235028.465 095 gc GCST_DISCONNECTED error status gc:68:[invalid parameter], cc_error=906 cclibid=2

235028.465 095 ResultInfo gcValue=1280(0x500) gcMsg=[Normal completion] ccLibId=2 ccLibName=[GC_ISDN_LIB] ccValue=[0x210|GCRV_NORMAL|normal completion ] ccMsg=[Normal clearing] additionalinfo=

235028.465 095 gc gc_DropCall call

235028.465 095 gc gc_DropCall ok

235028.465 095 ev metaevent: cclibid=0x2, crn=0x2009c19, evtdatap=0x1c8dfde8, evtdev=0x5f, evtlen=0x1c, evttype=0x805, extevtdatap=0x0, flags=0x1, linedev=0x5f, magicno=0xbad012fb, rfu1=0x2, usrattr=0x54ae538 (usrattr=hli)

235028.465 095 ev GCEV_DROPCALL

235028.465 095 ev metaevent: cclibid=0x2, crn=0x2009c19, evtdatap=0x1c8dfde8, evtdev=0x5f, evtlen=0x1c, evttype=0x859, extevtdatap=0x0, flags=0x1, linedev=0x5f, magicno=0xbad012fb, rfu1=0x2, usrattr=0x54ae538 (usrattr=hli)

235028.465 095 ev GCEV_RELEASECALL

235036.028 095 ev metaevent: cclibid=0x2, crn=0x2009c1c, evtdatap=0x1cb56fb0, evtdev=0x5f, evtlen=0x1c, evttype=0x824, extevtdatap=0x0, flags=0x1, linedev=0x5f, magicno=0xbad012fb, rfu1=0x2, usrattr=0x54ae538 (usrattr=hli)

235036.028 095 ev GCEV_OFFERED

235036.028 gc ERROR Invalid parameter, line=1157 module=C:\Projects\ktTel\EvHandlers.cpp

Not much we can tell from this short trace extract.

Were the traces being saved to disk at the time when the problems ocurred? If yes then please .ZIP up the entire day's traces and email them to support@VoiceGuide.com, and indicate the time at which you noticed the problem ocurring. We can then look through the traces and see what happened.

The email I tried to sent you is in our mailservers retry queue as your mail server is not responding.. is there a problem?

We are having problems with our incoming email at this stage. How big are the .ZIPed up traces?

Had a look at the traces.

The MMDDvgm.txt trace stops at 8:32:15.82 AM, but the MMDDtw.txt trace continues to show incoming calls arriving, and ending after they were not answered by VG.

So it looks like the Dialogic control part of software was working, but the application part which decides what to play etc. was not answering calls.

This is a new one for us... we'll pass it on to the programmers and see what they'll say.

(BTW. Email is back to normal now)

Thanks, I am looking forward to getting this resolved as it is happening nearly every day!

Please send an email to support@VoiceGuide.com with your registration details and a link to this thread.

Can we look at this system using PCAnywhere?

Hi.

I understand you have been dealing with my colleague Ricci regarding this issue. Unfortunately, we cant allow PC Anywhere access to the systems but can provide access via Terminal Services.

It is imperative that the issue identified by yourselfes as a fault in the software (calls are reported to VoiceGuide, but VG fails to run the scripts ) is rectified ASAP.

We are having to reset the IVR software twice daily now and whilst the software is not working we are losing money, both in lost calls and burnt data. So far, losses equate to significantly more than the cost of the IVR software and this is unnaceptable.

We have not had an update now despite several emails directly to you. Please update us on this situation, or provide details how we arrange for a refund on the software as it quite simply doesnt work as intended.

regards

David

There is a strong preference for using PCAnywhere as it's a lot easier to work with then Terminal Services or WinVNC. (with PCA you can transfer files a lot easier then with the other two).

If you are unable to setup PCAnaywhere then WinVNC is preferable over Terminal Services.

When access has been setup please forward connection details to support@voiceguide.com