VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Mail

I am voice mail broadcasting. One of the options to the recipient is to leave a voice mail message. Is there any way that I can link a voice mail message to the recipient's telephone number? In other words, how do I know what number was called for that message?

Hal Netkin

When recording a sound file using the "Record" module the filename into which the message should be recorded may be specified.

The $RV_CALLEDNUMBER Result Variable can then be used to embed the telephone number called within that filename.

Date/Time based Result Variables can be used to ensure uniqueness of the filename.

The filename could be specified as:

$RV_MONTH$RV_DATE_$RV_HOUR$RV_MINUTE_$RV_CALLEDNUMBER.wav

If the application demands the use of a voicemail box rather then a "Record" module I was just informed that the destination telephone number will be embedded in the filenames of voicemail messages themselves starting with v4.9.1 of VoiceGuide - the current version of VoiceGuide embeds the incming CallerID in the filename already (if it is available).

Where do the voice mail files reside? What folder? What is the extentions of the voice mail files so that I can search for them.

Hal Netkin

The voicemail messages are stored in VoiceGuide's \data\VmSave directory. They are stored as Wave files.

The information relating to the status of the message is encoded in the filename - the first part of the filename indicates the voicemail box number, the next part is the time at which the message was recorded, and the last part indicates the Caller ID.