VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Bug? In Play Module?

Is this a bug? And if so how can I get around it?

The Play module(NewWaveFile) uses $RV[NewWaveFile] for the sound file name

It will play any sound file untill it hits one with perhaps "[" in the name or is it the ";".

This is a little of trace log. I can work around it by using a different character in name. But I had rather not. :-)

state [PlayNewWaveFile] Playing (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide WatchDog\11[19[2005 11;56;22 PM.Wav)

File not found [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide WatchDog\11[19[2005 11]

File not found [56]

File not found [22 PM.Wav]

play set playid=358687

PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\SoundFileNotFound.wav,

Can't use a "," in the file name eather.

Changed the ";" to "]" in the wave file name and now they play fine. Changing the script was not that big of deal. Don't worry about fixing it for me :-)

Please post a script demonstration the problem and a trace capturing the entire call.

I have posted the sections of log that are relivant.

The File C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide WatchDog\11[19[2005 11;56;22 PM.Wav does exist.

But even if it didn't exist, I woud not get the "File not found [56]"

nor the "File not found [22 PM.Wav]" as in script log I reposted below.

Just put a evaluiate module with the path and file name that contains , or ; in it. and a play module referancing that wave file variable. And you will duplicate the error.

Like I said I just replaced the ; with [ in the file name and script works fine. And am happy now. I was just letting you know because you help me so much , thank you!

state [PlayNewWaveFile] Playing (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide WatchDog\11[19[2005 11;56;22 PM.Wav)

File not found [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide WatchDog\11[19[2005 11]

File not found [56]

File not found [22 PM.Wav]

play set playid=358687

PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\SoundFileNotFound.wav,

Commas and semicolons are not allowed as part of filenames. They are used as separators for successive filenames - which is what VG is interpreting them as.