VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vgmulti.exe - Application Error

I finally got my client's system going and was delighted that the test call went through!

After testing the setup, I then decided to close VG and restart the computer and got the VgMulti.exe Application Error screen with the following text:

The instruction at "0x03e20c36" referenced memory at "0x03e20c36". The memory could "not be read".

Click OK to terminate the program.

Cancel to debug the program.

I clicked cancel and then restarted the computer.

I then tried to start VG and a window appeared saying:

Registration not valid for this computer.

Please check registration details.

Attempted to re-enter the registration details and noticed that the Unique ID had changed and any attempt by me to change the Unique ID to the one provided by you proved fruitless.

Now not only am I unable to enter the registration details but I also get the VgMulti.exe error whenever I exit VG.

I have sent an email to sales re the registration, as suggested in a post of Apr 8 2005, 12:35 PM but it appears that the VgMulti.exe error needs to be posted here.

Computer is a Celeron 2.5Ghz, 512 MB RAM with Windows XP Pro SP2. VG version 5.2.5012 with VG for Dialogic Patch 6.0.2322 installed.

Any suggestions on how to fix the VgMulti.exe problem on exit.

I have just resolved the registration issue after an email from sales however, this now poses another question as well.

Does the user have to run the DCM each time the machine has been restarted in order to activate the D/4PCIU card?

The VgMulti.exe Application Error is still there when I go to exit VG.

Computer: Celeron 2.5Ghz with 512 MB RAM

O/S: Windows XP Professional with SP2

Dialogic SR 6.0

VoiceGuide ver 5.2.5012

Does the user have to run the DCM each time the machine has been restarted in order to activate the D/4PCIU card?

In DCM set Service -> Startup Mode -> Automatic

We'll pass the exit error report onto to the development section.

Thanks for the hint.

On my client's system the "DCM set Service -> Startup Mode -> Automatic" does not appear so I opened DCM Settings.

The Start Devices preference was checked at "Start all device(s) or Start none.

I changed this to "Start Selective (Good devices only).

System/Device autostart was checked at "Start System", so did not change.

Rebooted the system and the card now auto starts at start-up but still need to activate VG manually.

Since this computer is being used exclusively for the VG system, is there some way that VG can also be activated at start-up without user interaction.

You'll need to put it in Startup menu - but best to have it started through a batch file which waits for a while to ensure Dialogic service has had time to startup first.