VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Installations

Having recently purchased a D/4PCI-U-EURO 4 port telephony card and a VoiceGuide Enterprise 4 port license for a client, I was somewhat surprised to recieve just the card with a CD labeled SR6.0 with a marking pen. All that aside, now to try and find some meaningful instructions on how to put this package together.

Read the help files on the CD.

Not a great help since they have been written with another OS in mind and the screen prompts that appear in XP Professional SP2 are different.

So I decide to run the setup file on the CD and it appears that the card has been installed on the system. In the process of this I decide to look thorugh the vast listing of postings on the Forum for a KISS type explanation of how to do a first install and after spending 3 hours reading headers & content that could appear helpful, I concluded that at least the card was installed correctly but one header informed me that I needed to install the wav driver from Dialogic\Lib ... alas no such animal in the Dialogic directory or on the CD.

Now I'm told that my card does not need the Wav driver as the VoiceGuide software will take care of that.

Fine so now I go to install VoiceGuide and the first prompt tells me that I need to configure the card with the Dialogic Configuration Manager but with no remarks on what it is that needs to be configured or how.

I run the DCM only to be confronted by a screen with several requesters but nothing about configuring. So I elect to press "Start all enabled devices" and everything seems to have started without any problems. At this point I am still not any the wiser if I have configured the card and if so, do I need to make any adjustments.

So back I go to installing VoiceGuide and after electing to install a screen appears asking me to "Choose the setup type that best suits your needs" with 3 options:

1) Dialogic (Intel) Analog Cards

2) Dialogic (Intel) Digital T1/E1 Cards

3) Standard TAPI/WAV compatible modem or card

So I take an educated guess that I have an Analog card and proceed.

I start Vioceguide and it says that VoicegUide has not been configured and starting the Setup Wizard .... hmmmm click OK and the wizard showa me a bucnh of cards but no Dialogic card, which leads me to believe that the D/4PCI was not configured.

To put it in a nutshell, this is what I want the system to do:

System is a 2.3Ghz Celeron with 512Mb running XP Pro SP2.

The system needs to answer incoming calls ...

upon the card picking up an incoming call it makes an announcement (already have scripts ready but need to convert to PCM 8khz 8bit Mono).

Announcement gives the caller the choice of:

1) Listening to announcement and hanging up or

a) Press 1 to be connected to an extension where call will be either answered by a human or a recorder activates or

B) Press 2 to be connected to an extension where call will be either answered by a human or a recorder activates or

c) Press 3 to be connected to an extension where a human answers.

The first announcement needs to change depending on the time of day. Can this be done automatically or does the setup need human intervention each day to set the after hours recording.

Some nice simple instructions in plain English would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

Intel will charge about $500 for an original CD.... don’t ask us why, we don’t know.

We are however authorized to distribute copies of SR6.0 to those people who purchase cards from us - and looks like what you got was a copy of the CD.

If you want the original CD (which will be just the same as the copy, but with a nice screen-printed Intel logo on it) please email sales@voiceguide.com and we can arrange one shipped to you - but this will cost you in the vicinity of the price mentioned.

As for installation - download the "VG for Dialogic" patch and within that .ZIP file there is a readme.txt file - please follow instructions in that file. It sounds like you haven't yet installed the "VG for Dialogic" patch.

The first announcement needs to change depending on the time of day.

Have you looked at the Time Switch module? See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modT...dTimeSwitch.htm