VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Disconnect Tone Configuration

1. I am trying to set the disconnect tone in the Dialogic TSP configuration and would like your help in determining the proper frequency setting parameters (I am not running a PBX). I have attached the file where I recorded the disconnect tone. I would appreciate it if you can provide me with the paramaters I need to put in "Disc tone 1" tab under the Configuration Service.

2. Also, do I need to edit the settings under the "Disc tone 2" tab as well, or leave the default settings?

3. Will these disconnect tone settings be valid for all incoming calls? Or does the tone vary depending on the caller (cell phone, regular phone, etc)?

4. Do you have any idea what the "frustatus" file is for? Is it necessary or can I delete it?

We appreciate your good service and prompt responses on the forum.

hangup_tone.zip

Yes, I read through the help file. However, I was trying to avoid to download more programs. I will try to download, and get the values.

Could I kindly get your thoughts on the other posted questions? Thanks in advance.

3. Will these disconnect tone settings be valid for all incoming calls? Or does the tone vary depending on the caller (cell phone, regular phone, etc)?

If all calls play the same disconenct tone then yes....

4. Do you have any idea what the "frustatus" file is for? Is it necessary or can I delete it?

The file frustatus.log is created by the Dialogic drivers in whatever is the current directory when the Dialogic services are started. It's a harmless file. Dialogic knows about the problem and there is a PTR report with Intel/Dialogic that has been opened for it.

For some reason, I can't find my disconnect tone ... I followed the steps recommended in other forum posts, and help files. I am just having hard time finding the hang up tone. After recording a message, all is heard is silence (at hangup), and that would be the end of file. What should I do? Attached is the recorded file I used with audacity. Also, when I try to record without speaking to get the hangup tone only, VG just hangs up automtically without recording a file.

hangup_tone.zip

I have changed the silence detection settings in the vg.ini, and was able to get a hangup tone recorded, however in audacity it is shown as a very small variation in the silence sound. In the plot spectrum it seems to be very much uniform around that hangup tone. the frequency 122 Hz seems low, and the disconnect detection still doesn't work even after changing the "disc tone 1" variables in the config. settings. The latest hangup tone file is attached again. Hope we can get some help.

hangup_tone2.zip

Looks like your phone company does not play any disconnect tones when the caller hangs up.

If you answer the call yourself and let the caller hang up do you hear any tones after caller hangs up?

I tried doing what you suggested, I hear a very faint short click, followed by silence for 20 secs, and then a busy signal. I have a voip phone adapter, where the line goes from there to the dialogic card. Do you think that there are some settings on the adapter that should be changed?

This issue has been resolved now. It took me a while, had done several changes, I am not sure which one fixed it, but thanks for trying to help.

followed by silence for 20 secs, and then a busy signal.

To record this you should really just disable silence detection, and record for 30+ seconds to capture the disconnect tone (and than analyze it).