VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Which Isdn Dialogic Card?

Hello!

I have already two cards (D4PCI / D41JCT-LS) working on my system. I have now one ISDN line (with two phone numbers) connected to my Prestige 100IH router and to the D41JCT card, but for some reason that nobody knows when I make a 3-way conference the router locks itself, meaning that I have to restart it after each call.

I wonder if you could recomend me an ISDN dialogic card so that I can get rid of this useless ISDN router, but that this new card won´t introduce new problems.

I don´t think this new card should manage many features. I don´t know the limits of the cards I have now, but the features that I am using now are 3-way conference, call transfer and sending faxes.

Regards

Jose

You should probably look at using "Dial and Conference" instead of 3-way calls...

If 3-way conferencing is not supported by your telephone lines (and it sounds like it isn't) then there is nothing that you can really do about it...

Hello!

You should probably look at using "Dial and Conference" instead of 3-way calls...

Yes, I thought about this "Dial and Conference" service but unfortunately I only have a few available ports in my dialogic cards. Beside, I think we are going to buy a couple of D4PCI cards, but they don´t support "Dial and Conference", right?

I want my application to be as free as possible, meaning that the application will run in any dialogic card without depending on any card.

If 3-way conferencing is not supported by your telephone lines (and it sounds like it isn't) then there is nothing that you can really do about it...

Well, I am for sure that this service is available at my lines.

Could you recomend me any good ISDN card?

Thank you for your help!

Jose

I think we are going to buy a couple of D4PCI cards, but they don´t support "Dial and Conference", right?

You will need D/41JCT cards or higher to do 'Dial and Conference'.

I want my application to be as free as possible, meaning that the application will run in any dialogic card without depending on any card.

If you want portability form site to sire then use Dial and Conference. Getting 3-way transfers to work is a lot more problematic, and many phone companies just do not support 3-way conferences.

Could you recomend me any good ISDN card?

There are a few listed on our WWW Recommended Hardware page, but you will not be able to do 3-way or 'Dial and Conference' on BRI ISDN.

You will be able to do 'Dial and Conference' on T1/E1 ISDN.