VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Getting Started

I am sorry if this isnt the right place to post this.

I have some questions on what i need to get so i can get started.

What i would like to do is set up the ivr for the push one function. Right now i am paying a company to do this for me and i am getting tired of waisting money if i can do this myself.

I downloaded and installed the eval version and it looks like it will do what i need it to. :)

I need to be able to call 5000 numbers in a 4 or 5 hour period.

1. Do i need to have a T1 line or can i use my Vonage modem? It just has the 2 lines but i am sure i can get one that has more. I was thinking 4 lines should do this.

2. What card is recomended? I was looking at the D/4PCI but i dont know if that will work with vonage. None of these calls will be long distance if that matters.

3. Will the push one work or do i need some other kind of phone system?

What i am looking to do is probably very simple. (i hope). All i need it to do is if a live person answers it plays a recording and if they press one for the call to be sent to another number so the call can be answered. If it goes to voice mail for another recording to be played then hangs up.

I dont think i will have any problems setting this up as long as i have everything i need. I know how to get around a compter so that wont be a problem.

Once again i am very sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I would of called you guys but i do see a number for sales.

You can use Vonage lines. It does not really matter who provides your phone lines - just take the cable that would be plugged into your phone and plug it into the Dialogic card.

The D/4PCI will be fine if you do not need to make call transfers.

If you need to make call transfers then you may need to get a D/41JCT card - it can do 'Dial and Conference' transfers.

What i am looking to do is probably very simple. (i hope). All i need it to do is if a live person answers it plays a recording and if they press one for the call to be sent to another number so the call can be answered. If it goes to voice mail for another recording to be played then hangs up.

This is quite straightforward.

The only thing you need to find out about is whether you can do 'hookflash' type call transfers on these lines on an outgoing call (probably cannot).

To connect the called person with an operator you will probably need to use a 'Dial and Conference' type transfer which just makes a call on another line to the operator and then connects the called person and the operator together.