VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Way Conference - Announced

Hi!

I am using the 3 Way Conference Call - Announced in my application. According to my telephone company this services works as follows:

1. You speak with one person and want to call a third person.

2. Press the R key in your phone.

3. Dial the number to the third person.

4. Du get answer from the third person.

5. Press R3 so all three can participate in the call.

How can I generate this R3 in voiceguide? It is necessary that voiceguide presses R3 in order to put the three calls together. I am using voiceguide for dialogic version 6.0.0.2318.

Thank you for a great job!

I see in the VG.ini file that voiceguide generates this !,3 for both Conference_BlindSuffix and Conference_AnnounceAccept. This must be the same as when I press the R key and then the number 3, right?

I wonder why it works when I make the 3 way conference call manually, but no when voiceguide does it.

Help!

Thanks!

Maybe the hookflash is the wrong length.

Does the first part of the 3-eay transfer work with VG? ie: are o able to hookflash to put the fist party on hold and then dial the 3rd number and have it ring?

You can change to hookflash length in Config.xml file

Hi!

Maybe the hookflash is the wrong length.

I am using a ISDN line if it is of any help. However, when I do the 3-way conference manually no matter how long I hold the R key (sometimes fast, and sometimes much lower) the 3-way works.

Does the first part of the 3-eay transfer work with VG? ie: are o able to hookflash to put the fist party on hold and then dial the 3rd number and have it ring?

Yes, the problem is that VG doesn´t hang up until the time especify in the VG.ini file expires. If I do the 3 way manually then it works fine.

You can change to hookflash length in Config.xml file

Where? Or do you mean in the ConfigLine.xml?

Regards

Antonio

What type of Dialogic card are you using and what type of ISDN line is it controling?

What type of Dialogic card are you using and what type of ISDN line is it controling?

I have an ISDN router which I connect both my D/4PCI card and the ISDN line from the telephone company.

So you basically have an ISDN to analog line 'media gateway'?

Yes.

If you can do 3-way conference on the same line using a normal analog phone handset then you should be able to get VG to do the 3-way conference as well.

Yes, voiceguide does the 3-way conference as well. The problem is that voiceguide does not hang up until the time especified in the vg.ini file expires.

Why doesn´t voiceguide hang up when the other parties hanged up? This is my question.

I apreciate your help!

Jose

Yes, I already did that. I recorded the disconnect tone and analised it with Audicity and changed the info in the ConfigLine.xml file. And restarted the computer.

I tested the 3-way conference having on the other line a supportperson from the telephone company and according to him and his monitor they send a disconnect tone (DTMF d).

Any ideas?

Regards

Jose

I tested the 3-way conference having on the other line a supportperson from the telephone company and according to him and his monitor they send a disconnect tone (DTMF d).

Were you the person doing the 3-way conference?

Did you hear the disconnect tone or dtmf "D" on your line when the others hung up?

Were you the person doing the 3-way conference?

Yes

Did you hear the disconnect tone or dtmf "D" on your line when the others hung up?

Yes, I can hear the disconnect tone either when the first caller hangs up the phone or when the third does but only once.

Regards

Jose

or when the third does but only once.

Just a single tone and that's it?

So for example if the 1st person hangs up you hear a tone, and then when the 3rd person hangs up you'd hear another tone, and that's it, then there would be silence on the line?

Just a single tone and that's it?

When the 3rd person hangs up the phone the other two persons hear a disconnect tone and nothing else just silence. When the first person hangs up the phone after a couple of seconds the second person hears the busy tone and then hangs up.

Regards

Jose

Do you have any recordings of what the person who performs the actual 3-eay conference would hear when either of the other two or both hang up? ie. what VoiceGuide would hear.