VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Extension Transfer

Hello, we are just starting with katalina software.

I am currently setting up a script and need a little help.

scenario....

a caller calls in....

prompt plays "dial the extension of person, press * for voice mail, press # for spell by name"

I got the * for voice mail done.

I got the # for spell by name done.

But I do not understand how any extension can be hit there and the call will be transferred to the appropriate extension. extensions go from 400 to 540.

All help is greatly appreciated.

thank you,

victor santoro

dirad technologies

Please post the script you are using and indicate at which stage you'd like to give the caller the option of entering the extension number. We can then better comment on in what ways this can be done.

(Post as attachment, please don't quote the script in the post itself)

hi, thanks , i got it to work.

one more problem.

i want to use # to send caller to spell by name, is this possible.

when i use the

on {#} goto [spellbyname] path the # does not work, if i change it to * it works fine.

ok, found the answer for that also. couple more issues.

1st. using spell by name feature, numbers are not accepted very good, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 numbers , sometimes it takes 1 or 4 unless you go really slow.

2nd. is there a voicemail administration box ?

3rd. how do i use broadcast messages.

thanks,

vic

and another thing, how can I make it so if a caller calls , they hit a mailbox number, and they get transferred directly to that mailbox, i will have 150 users/mailboxes, do not want to create 150 seperate entrys on the script.

this system is for a large client, can someone please respond to this, this may lead to alot more sales for voiceguide.

come on support ! pick it up a notch!

using spell by name feature, numbers are not accepted very good, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 numbers , sometimes it takes 1 or 4 unless you go really slow.

The 'Spell By Name' function asks to enter the first 4 characters of the name before looking for a match, (see aaFindUser.vgs in VG's \system\vm\ subdirectory)so I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say that sometimes you enter 1,2 or 3 numbers. Please describe in mode detail what the actual problem is, and provide a Debug Trace capturing the problem.

is there a voicemail administration box ?

There is a voicemail manger application. See this entry of the Help file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/vmSy...stemManager.htm

how do i use broadcast messages.

At which point are you experiencing difficulties?

how can I make it so if a caller calls , they hit a mailbox number, and they get transferred directly to that mailbox, i will have 150 users/mailboxes, do not want to create 150 seperate entrys on the script.

Use a single path like this from the Get Numbers module:

on [success] goto [$RV[Module's name Goes Here]]

More info on RVs can be found here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Resu...ltVariables.htm

Replies to questions in forum are made on a 24 hour turnaround basis (quite often they are answered sooner then that)

Thank you for the response.

I know about the voicemail manager application, ive created 150 vm boxes using it, is there an admin box that can be logged into via the phone to administer other boxes?

I am still fuzzy on the RV thing, when i was transferring to extensions I used $RV TranstoExt and it worked fine.

what would I use to transfer to vm instead of extensions.

thanks,

victor santoro

ok, i got everything working except one thing.

the SpellName .

currently a call comes in, they press # to use spellname, they input last name of person, it checks list , matches up name with extention, now from here it has to send the caller to the appropriate VoiceMail (not extension) Box.

Can you please tell me how to do this.

thanks.

from here it has to send the caller to the appropriate VoiceMail (not extension) Box.

You'll need to modify the aaFindUser.vgs script. (in VG's \system\vm\ subdirectory)

Have a look at module FindVmByName and how it works.

We can create a modified version for you - send an email to sales@voiceguide.com for a quote.

another couple questions....

Is it possible to send an email to a person, but NOT attach the .wav file to the email? Instead, we could just send an email with something like, ‘You have a new voice mail’ in the subject line.

Does the spell by name code look for the user’s first name? Jeevan thought it did. Is this a definite? If so, can it be changed to look at last name?

I have sent an email requesting quote for script change. please let me know as soon as possible.

thanks,

victor santoro

Is it possible to send an email to a person, but NOT attach the .wav file to the email? Instead, we could just send an email with something like, ‘You have a new voice mail’ in the subject line.

In VG.INI file, section [Voicemail], set:

ForwardVmEmail_IncludeWavFile=0

Does the spell by name code look for the user’s first name? Jeevan thought it did. Is this a definite? If so, can it be changed to look at last name?

The spell will match starting characters of whatever is entered in the 'Name' field. If you'd like to match by surname then just enter the surname before the 'first name' in the Name field.

thank you very much for all the help..

one more thing,

can you tell me where the findvmbyname module is?

thanks,

victor

also....

for the spell name feature, what kind of handling is there for duplicate entries ?

i have a few duplicate voicemail boxes, we are using the spell name feature to send callers directly to voicemail.

can you tell me where the findvmbyname module is?

See aaFindUser.vgs in VG's \system\vm\ subdirectory

what kind of handling is there for duplicate entries ?

The entries matched will be listed, with caller asked to press 1, 2 or 3 etc... sounds like you have not tried testing it yourself yet(?)

"The entries matched will be listed, with caller asked to press 1, 2 or 3 etc... sounds like you have not tried testing it yourself yet(?) "

yes, we did test it, when i posted that we had not got that far yet, we now got it to work.

how do i send broadcast messages to voicemails ?

Have you had a look at 'Distribution Lists' ? Sending a message to a 'List' will broadcast/send the message to all the mailboxes in the list.