VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/82jct-u Reporting Null [$rv_cidname]{}

Greetings,

I'm just seting up a D/82JCT-U with a siemens hicom and have tested some scripts to see what variables I have to play with and am not seeing $RV_CIDNUMBER]{} return a vaule.

I have included an extract from the log file, let me know if more deatail is needed.

Regards, Andrew

Extract from log file:

113714.56 2 rings=3, min rings before answer=3

113715.38 2 init StartLoadedVgs_InitLineState start

113715.38 2 rv add [$RV_STARTTIME]{11/11/2005 11:37:15 AM}

113715.38 2 rv add [$RV_DEVICEID]{2}

113715.38 2 rv add [$RV_CIDNAME]{}

113715.38 2 rvns add [PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}

113715.38 2 rvns add [scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\cst\}

113715.38 2 rv add [$RV_CIDNUMBER]{}

I've cleared the log so that it will include only one call, I will try attaching it again ...

... I see the preview removes the attachment .. I 'should' get it right this time.

A.

1111tw.txt

Not sure which version of VG for Dialogic you're using now, but please update to the latest reelase and then update system with attached OCX.

Please then post the MMDDtw.txt trace caoturing the incoming call - we'll then be able to better see what is happning on this system.

Which PBX are you using?

ktTelControl_051111_pbx.zip

Hi,

I've attached the log file for a single call after replacing the log ocx file as requested. Voice Guide version is 6.0.2306.

PBX is a siemens HiPath 3750.

Thanks again, Andrew

1115tw.txt

Trace shows that the PBX is not supplying any CallerID on this call.

All that is set is the 'Display' entry related to that line, and PBX sets it to be:

Can you make some calls from external lines into this system? Or do you want to be able to use the 'Display' information?

I will have the pbx checked and see what I can find out.

I do want to read the display, I've been looking for some details on where I might find the mapping of variables etc, any suggestions. I know the intel materail talks about the d42 _display but have not found any correlation to voiceguide yet.

Thanks again, Andrew

I know the intel materail talks about the d42 _display but have not found any correlation to voiceguide yet.

That's basically where the "From: 716" information came from...

ok, do you know if there are any details about on how to go about getting the d42 values into vg variables?

Thanks, Andrew

I assume that the data which you are after is the CallerID and what would show up on the phone's display?

In v6.0.2322 (just released) you should be able to use $RV_PBXDISPLAY to retrieve the display data. As you are already running VG fro Dialogic, to update to latest version just copy over the VgMulti.exe and the ktTelControl.ocx to your system.

If there is anything else that you need to retrieve/access please let us know.

thanks for that, works with the new files.

Ideally I will look to read the display at different times during the call, (Will I need to clear $RV_PBXDISPLAY - it seems to only be read the first time I call it) that would allow me to park a call, read the line # back and either send a message of tts page the owner of the extension.

Can the status of call buttons be read in vg also?, again I has seen d42 documentation on them but not got that gar in voice guide.

thanks again, Andrew

$RV_PBXDISPLAY returns the current value of the display as reported by the Dialogic card. But this value is read in when the module is started - so for example querying $RV_PBXDISPLAY in a loop in a VBScript module is not advisable as the $RV_PBXDISPLAY will be replaced with it;s value when the script is stated and it will always stay the same - it will not be re-read from Dialogic every time the loop is iterated.

Can the status of call buttons be read in vg also?

Not a this stage, but we can have this added in. Anything else apart form button status that you'd need?

still feelling a little green to be sure what I'll need ... but I will want to press buttons, for example, call park, and then read the call park number...

... which means I will need to re-read the display, but I can do this in another vb module.

I am also looking at how to get variable back from the vbscript modules. I'm doing really well at creating message boxes though ...

Thanks again, Andrew

I will want to press buttons, for example, call park, and then read the call park number...

OK, will pass this on - it should not be to hard to add in this functionality.

I am also looking at how to get variable back from the vbscript modules

See these COM functions: RvSet, RvSet, Run_ResultReturn as well as Script_Gosub, Script_Goto and Script_Return. All of these functions let you set Result Variables which can then be used later throughout the script.