"PCM 8khz 8bit mono"

We have already recorded all voices for our system in a professional studio,

but in the following format: "PCM 44khz 16bit mono". This CD contains about

35 minutes.

I would like to know if there is any way for me to change the above format

to the one needed by voiceguide. I´ve tried with Audicity, but still you can

hear noise in the background. If you can´t help with this question then I

would like to know if you can use the already recorded CD to generate the

right format for "voiceguide for dialogic" and how much it would cost me.

Hello!

Or just ask the recording studio to priovide a copy of the CD with sound fiels at 8kHz.

I got also one CD recorded with all the voices with the required format for voiceguide for dialogic, eg. "PCM 8khz 8bit mono" but the quality of the voices is very under our expectations. I got also the same quality with Audicity in the recorded voices when I worked on the CD with the format "PCM 44khz 16bit mono" and changed it to the format "PCM 8khz 8bit mono". That´s why I asked you how much it would cost me if you changed to the rigth format from the recorded voices that I already have.

I see that you recommend me this sound editor:

Try using a professional quality sound editor - like Adobe Audition. ( http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html )

but I don´t know if I can expend more money on something that I don´t know what the result will be.

I have never used this sound editor and I saw in your link that it costs about $299. So I am not sure what to do now; purchising this editor, working on the CDs I got from this studio and taking the risk that the voices will remain the same, the same quality or sending you (Katalina Technologies) any of my CDs for processing them.

Thank you for your help and advices!

Jose

If you're not happy with the quality of recordings provided by your recording studio then you should speak to them about it... or find some other voice talent and recording studio...

Hello!

If you're not happy with the quality of recordings provided by your recording studio then you should speak to them about it... or find some other voice talent and recording studio...

I am happy with the quality of the CD I got from this studio. My problem is when I try to convert this format to the format required for voiceguide for dialogic:

"PCM 8KHz 8bit mono".

I´ve converted some of these files to the following enconding:

"WAV, A-Law" or "WAV, U-Law"and I must say that the difference is big. The problem is that I can´t use these files with any of these encondings (u-law or a-law). Voiceguide convert the wav file to a vox file but with zero bytes.

Is there any configuration that I have to change or to add in order to be able to uses files with any of these encondings? Or is it just impossible? Meaning that I have to use only PCM.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it much!

Jose

The format used by VoiceGuide for Dialogic is: PCM 8khz 8bit Mono, not "A-Law" or "U-Law". Do not use "A-Law" or "U-Law".

Meaning that I have to use only PCM.

Correct.

Or you could convert direct to VOX files (8kHz) which is the actual format played by the Dialogic decoder.

The sound files will sound very different when played though your speakers then what they will sound when played on the phone line. Remember that the phone line's frequency reposnse is about 3.5kHz (4kHz max)

Hello,

Can you please provide me your entire wav file. I'll try my best to convert it into 8Khz with very less signal to noise ratio.

Rajendrarajsri@yahoo.co.in