VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Troubleshooting Using Trace Log?

I'm trying to diagnose a problem (scheduled calls don't always happen). I looked through the VoiceGuideLogMMDD.txt file created by the Event Trace Log, but it appears to be impossible to locate a particular call or session. I thought the first column was a serial time field but it appears to reset itself 98000 and something.

So, two questions:

1. Is there a way to locate a particular call within the trace log. (Or more precisely, I want to see if there was a call attempted that did not succeed wedged between two calls that did succeed. I'm making calls every 5 minutes, but occasionally, a call will not be made, leaving a gap of 10 minutes between calls. I want to locate this gap and see what happened).

2. Is there a general description of the Event Log somewhere? I didn't see anything in the help file...I'm afraid I don't know that much about Tapie so most of this info is, uh, Tapie to me.

The first column is a looping millisecond counter - up to 100000 milliseconds (100 seconds) and back to 0... it is used to determine time differences between nearby events.

Best to search the resulting text file for the telephone number itself.

If you know between what numbers the call was not made just post here the trace stretching across both numbers and we can see what happened in between...

No details on info in event log is published it is intended to be used internally by us to diagnose problems and it is sort of readable if you know TAPI....