VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Help Installing Ivr System

Ok, here's the deal. I have to setup an IVR system from scratch, but I know buggerall about it.

The computer I'm Installing on is a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT with 512Mb Ram.

Opperating System is Windows Server 2003 with SP1.

The IVR card is an Intel Dialogic D/600JCT-2E1. I've installed the Intel Dialogic software version 6.1 build 39.

Then in installed voiceguide software in the following order:

Voiceguide 5.2.3a

Voiceguide Tapi 4.8.45

VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.2298

Now i'm stuck. I'll admit I don't have the foggiest of what I'm doing. I'm not totally computer illiterate though!

Please help. If you need more details, specify what you need and I'll do my best to supply them.

Here is a step by-step guide. Let us know if you need more help at any stage.

1. Are the E1 lines plugged into the Dialogic card?

2. What colour are the LEDs on the back of the Dialogic card next to the plugged in E1 line?

If they LEDs are green then you can move onto step 3.

3. What is the ISDN protocol set on these E1 lines by your Telco?

4. Have you set the corresponding protocol in the DCM (Dialogic Configuration Manager)?

5. You should now be able to receive calls using ISDIAG.EXE test application from Dialogic. Start that ISDIAG app - can you receive calls?

6. Stop ISDIAG and start VoiceGuide - can you now receive calls with VoiceGuide?

Ok, stupid idiots guide to dumb mistakes nr1: Forgot to plug in cable.

I don't have a E1 line handy right, but working on it. Once Thats sorted I'll be back. Thanx for the quick response.

Ok, so here's what I've done now. I've uninstalled everything. Yup everything! Then I installed the Dialogic software version 5.1.1 and 5.1.1 FP. As before the card did not initialise as the software was not compatible with Windows Server 2003. So I unistalled once more and installed Dialogic software version 6.1.

Here's the thing though: the 6.1 version makes no mention of TAPI drivers. What gives? How do I setup TAPI drivers for this version?

Oh yes, I also unistalled the Voiceguide software and only reinstalled Voiceguide version 5.2.3a. What else do I need to do here?

Here's the thing though: the 6.1 version makes no mention of TAPI drivers. What gives? How do I setup TAPI drivers for this version?

No need to use TAPI drivers when using VG for Dialogic. Also, you should be using v6.0 of Dialogic drivers - v6.1 is for Linux only...

see: http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/8317web.htm

Oh yes, I also unistalled the Voiceguide software and only reinstalled Voiceguide version 5.2.3a. What else do I need to do here?

Now install the v6.0 VG for Dialogic patch.

Done the beforementioned and all seems to be working fine. The readme on the VG for Dialogic is a bit tricky though.

First it says:

To use "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" you will need to apply this patch

after installing the downloadable VoiceGuide on your system.

System Requirements: ...

Then it says:

Next, VoiceGuide will need to install VoiceGuide, selecting the "Standard TAPI" option.

So I installed voice guide then read the part about "Standard Tapi" and had to uninstall and re-install. The "Voiceguide will need to install Voiceguide" part is also confusing (funny really, or am I missing something).

Anyhow, it seems to be alright now, though its still not connected to a line. So I might be back, which is not all bad because the support from Voiceguide is excellent (seriously). Thanx guys.

We fixed the readme.txt.

Thanks for letting us know about it, and if you come across any more of such documentation problems please let us know about those as well.

OK so eventually I've got the E1 line sorted out and I've set the Dialogic ISDN protocol to CTR4 (You ahve no idea how hard it was to figure that bit out)

No I would like to use ISDIAG.exe to check whether I can recieve calls. Thing is I don't quite know how. I've typed in: isdiag 1 1 e s and now I'm faced with a menu of options. I'm lost here. What next?

Just use the menu options to answer incoming calls and play/record etc.

You need to make sure that the Telco is sending the call on the 1st channel as that's what isdiag opens when you run it with the parameters as you quote.

If you have problems then you can always enable ISDN tracing which will capture ISDN signaling messages - giving a similar trace to what telco’s technicians would use to diagnose problems.

Ok, so I start up isdiag and call into the IVR system. I then get the following:

isdiag.gif

What does this mean?

Looks like call has arrived and been answered.

Have you tried using option 7 to play a sound file?

You should ask your local Dialogic dealer about the "Message too big or too small" error, they should know what protocol settings would be suitable on the Dialogic card to make it work with ISDN lines provided by your local Telephone companies.

I've tried playing/recording a sound file, but I get an error. How do i do this? Is there some sort of guide that explains how isdiag works?

If you get errors playing/recording then you should definitely contact the local Dialogic reseller - they are responsible for helping you to get the card working to the stage where ISDIAG can receive calls.

There is no guide to isdiag as far as we know. You could ask Dialogic/Intel though to see if they have one.

Ok so I'm receiving calls now and it registers in Voiceguide. The problem I have now is that I don't hear anything. What might the problem be here?

If you are having problems playing with ISDIAG then you will not be able to play sound files with VG either. You must have ISDIAG working first...

Great...

Oh well, let's see if I can figure this out.

Here is what the trace/log on Voiceguide reported. Maybe It'll help, though I suspect that the soundcard on the server is the problem.

131102.58 82 init atidle reinit : start

131102.58 82 state Waiting for a call...

131117.50 85 tw lev_CallerID [,,1300], strWorkingModeScript=[]

131117.50 85 init LineState ResetAtStartOfNewCall.

131117.50 85 answer the call

131117.58 85 state [Get Client ID] Number Input

131117.58 85 state [Get Client ID] Playing (PayGetId.wav)

131126.05 85 play end id=851515, (current ID)

131126.05 85 LsGetNbrsPlayWelcMsg EV_PLAY_FINISHED,EV_PLAY_FINISHED

131126.05 85 LsGetNbrsRxDigits EV_UNKNOWN_129,TDX_PLAY

131132.55 85 LsGetNbrsRxDigits EV_TIMEOUT_ENTERDATA,EV_TIMEOUT_ENTERDATA

131132.55 85 state Hanging up call... [No data entered]

131132.55 85 rec RecSoundStop ok

131132.55 85 play PlaySoundStop ok

131132.55 85 fnHangupCall end

131132.61 85 LsAwaitingCalls EV_UNKNOWN_2137

131132.61 85 WorkingMode@Idle=

131132.61 85 rec RecSoundStop ok

131132.61 85 play PlaySoundStop ok

131133.64 85 init atidle reinit : start

131133.64 85 state Waiting for a call...

Thanx for the help so far. I realy appreciate it.

Trace shows there were apparently no errors reported when starting the play and no errors reported at play end.

Can you play sound files with ISDIAG? If you still get errors when playing sound files with ISDIAG then what are the errors?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's MMDDtw.txt log which captures the startup and incoming call problem, this will allow us to better see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - then set the logging to 10 and restart VG.

The log file will be in \log\ subdirectory.

When I select play/record/dial and the play, nothing happens. No prompts nothing. When I press any other key I just get taken back to the main menu.

When I choose record it asks to specify a file name. I enter c:\trace\rec.wav, the trace directory does exist. But after I hit enter it displays 'record failed'.

The onboard sound card on the server works fine, so it can't be that can it?

Anyway, I've attached the log file you've asked for.

1123tw.txt

When I select play/record/dial and the play, nothing happens.

displays 'record failed'.

The Dialogic card may be faulty. You should contact your local Dialogic reseller to get this resolved.

The onboard sound card on the server works fine, so it can't be that can it?

It has nothing to do with the sound card - the Dialogic card has it's own play/rec codecs.

If ISDIAG answers the call, but does not play a sound files then it does sound like the card is faulty, esp if you get an error on record...

Or it may be some configuration related issue.

Intel/Dialogic techs may be able to run some other diagnostics to see exactly what is wrong with the card, and/or offer advice on how to get it working on your local E1 lines.

I sent an email to Intel/dialogic a while ago about the stupid drivers (5.1 not compatible with Windows Server 2003) and they are yet to reply.

I'll have another go. I'll try to lure an Intel techy into the office with a digestive biscuit and some beer and when he's distracted I'll handcuf him to the server....MWA-HA-HA

Any cards bought from authorized Intel/Dialogic distributors come with support. You just need to call them...

(guess that applies in any situation - if something does not work then you speak with people from whom you've bought it)

Intel will not answer any questions from end-users - you will need to direct to the Intel/Dialogic reseller from where you've purchased the card.

Ok so here we go again.

I have given up on getting the thing to work on Windows Server 2003. I've installed Windows Server 2000 (SP4) and Dialogic 5.1.1 with FP1.

I've installed Voiceguide 5.2 with and Voiceguide for Dialogic.

I've setup the Dialogic Tapi driver with The global call drivers v4.2.

I've set the ISDN protocol in DCM to CTR4.

I've configured a channel in config.xml document in Voiceguide's data directory:

<Channel>
<Name>dxxxB1C1</Name>
<NetworkIf>dtiB1T1</NetworkIf>
<Protocol>ISDN</Protocol>
<RingsBeforeAnswer>3</RingsBeforeAnswer>
<script>.....script path.....</Script>
<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>
</Channel>

Now for some reason when I start Voiceguide it freezes.

Where am I going wrong?

Now for some reason when I start Voiceguide it freezes.

Well it seems it doesn't freeze entirely, it just takes ages to initialize the channel (like more than 5 minutes)

We can have a look at any traces you can capture of this - but we're pretty sure that they will just show that the Dialogic drivers take a long time to respond to any calls made into them.

Since this is a Win2003 system you may want to look into using SR6.0.

No no no, It was a Win2003 system. Had too much trouble with it. I was also told that SR6 is an evaluation version. Is that true?

I switched to Win2000 (SP4).

For some reason when I call into VG, I get a busy tone. Yet when I run isdiag, the call goes through.

Anyway, I'm attaching a text file that contains both the trace logs *.tw and *.vgm

trace_Logs.txt

SR6.0 is also available in an Evaluation version.

SR6.0 is the latest driver release for Intel/Dialogic cards.

For some reason when I call into VG, I get a busy tone. Yet when I run isdiag, the call goes through.

I thought in previous posts you mentioned that you can get calls in to this system, but you just have problems hearing it play sound files?

Can you hear the sound files ISDIAG plays now?

Can you make ISDIAG capture the ISDN trace of the incoming call and post it here please.

You may want to also read these threads:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3427

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3476

Van: Works for me with Win2003 Ent, using v5.1.1 without (and with SP1), but there is a DLL which has to be added to the windows/System32 dir before the dialogic DCM will start the board. Search the forum for winstrm.dll.

I have only used with this with Analog Dialogic cards though, so can't say if this will work with D600/E1 cards.

Ok wait. Maybe I should start a new thread. Disregard everything I've posted before and read the following:

I am using a Dialogic D/600JCT 2E1 with Windows Server 2000 SP4.

I'm using Dialogic v5.1.1 with the su89 update.

The Dialogic card is digital (ISDN line). From what I've read, I'm supposed to use CTR4 as the protocol. Then under the TAPI configuration you can set the protocol again. At first I had no options here. The I installed Dialogic's Global Call protocols v4.2. This gave me a a few options: za_r2_i, za_r2_o etc. Not that I know what the deal is there or if this step was even necessary.

I'm using Voiceguide 5.2.5012. I've also downloaded Voiceguide for Dialogic 6.0.2322 although I'm not sure if its is necessary.

I ran isdiag with trace. The result is attached.

trace.txt

I forgot to mention it, but for some reason I get an error when I try to stop the Dialogic Service. I't didn't happen the first time after installing the su89 update.

I'm using Voiceguide 5.2.5012.

You must use "VG for Dialoigc" with T1/E1 systems.

I forgot to mention it, but for some reason I get an error when I try to stop the Dialogic Service.

Sounds like there is something not quite right ion the driver level.

Get the drivers sorted out so they work reliably - start and stop them a number of times in a row to confirm.

Then get ISDIAG working (reliably).

Then install VoiceGuide for Dialogic.