VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Software Rev 6.0.2292

I am using VG for dialogic software rev 6.0.2292. the problem is with CallerID.

Per my log file, I received the CallerID in the result verible

“.75 1 tw lev_CallerID [4089142550,Farzad Soudbakhs,]”

But the [$RV_CIDNAME]{} is empty.

Would you please let me know how to get the caller ID by "lev_CallerID".

If you note in my scrip I use $RV_CIDNAME but my script can’t see it.

Thanks

Farzad

Edited by fsoudbakhsh

This bug has now been fixed in the v6.0.2298 release, available for download from our WWW.

Please update your system with ktTelControl.ocx and VgMulti.exe from this new version. This should fix this problem.

Thanks, it is better then before but yet caller ID is not completely fixed.

Out of 6 call, 3 calls VG could get caller ID and 3 call couldn’t.

Please see bellow the log file for these 6 calles.

The number of the Rings Before Answe the call is 3 in config file. this is to insure CallerID arrived on the line at the time call answered by VG. Please see bellow config.xml file for line 1.

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C1</NetworkIf>

<Protocol>pdk_na_an_io</Protocol>

<RingsBeforeAnswer>3</RingsBeforeAnswer>

<script>C:\Program Files\ivg\Scripts\PBPScript\MCAC\starting scrip\mainManuForVoIPWithoutCC\mainManuForVoIPWithoutCC.vgs</Script>

<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>

<ConfigLine>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\ConfigLine.xml</ConfigLine>

</Channel>

Bellow is log file:

Edited by fsoudbakhsh

OK, please try updating to the VgMulti.exe from the 6.0.2303 release (available now) - that version will wait the required number of rings.

Sorry to report negative news, but your VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.2303 did not correct the callerID problem totally.

I have added all the files that need to go to VG directory and system32, but it didn’t make any deferent.

The VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.2303 can just detect VoIP line callerID, I call to my system with my regular landline and cellular phone, and VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.2303 didn’t detect the callerID. Bellow log file has three calls, the first call was made with cellular phone, the second call was made with landline phone, and the third one was with VoIP phone. the only callerID number you will see in this log file is just VoIP number.

Edited by fsoudbakhsh

The last trace posted shows only one call.

Trace shows no Caller ID arrived on that call - most likely because the phone company never sent it...

Can you verify that Caller ID is sent by using a CallerID device attached to the same phone line?

When is the CallerID sent on these lines? Between 1st and 2nd ring? Do you know the format in which it is sent? FSK/DTMF/other?

The MMDDtw.txt would be more useful in this case as it shows the actual handling of the CallerID message.

Please .ZIP up traces and post them as attachments, instead of cut and pasting them into the post text - it makes the thread easier to read that way.

The contain of the attached file is: VG.ini, Config.ocx, ConfigLine.ocx, 1031tw.txt, and 1031vgm.txt.

In 1031tw.txt, callerID has been recorded, but in 1031vgm.txt, caller ID did not recorded.

I have attached my config files for your review. I don’t think there is any problem with them but it is not bad idea you review them to see if they are the case of the callerID problem with my system.

Edited by fsoudbakhsh

With the new ktTelControl.ocx my script can see all the call originated from U.S but not from other counties.

The attached log file is containing two calls; one from out of U.S and the other from U.S.

I don’ t know how caller ID is transmit on the line in other counties. But I know when I didn’t use VG for Dialogic, I didn’t have this problem. The caller ID was work find with dialogic configuration.

The reason I had to switch to VG for dialogic was for disconnect and not disconnect line at the time of conversation. And I am happy with this decision. Because my two month problem with disconnect tone is over.

I believe you guys are close to solve this problem with your new ktTelcontol.ocx. U.S calls caller ID is working find, just fix global calls’ caller ID.

Thanks for your help.

log.zip

The vgm trace shows two calls:

091846.92 9 event callstate OFFERING 9 2,0,0

(no Caller ID)

and

095521.41 2 event callstate OFFERING 2 2,0,0

(has Caller ID)

The tw trace however starts after 10am, and captures only one call - and from the tw trace it looks like Caller ID did arrive on that call...

You may need to make some more test calls and post a matching set of traces (as a .ZIP)

Also: are you sure that Caller ID is reported on those lines when overseas calls arrive?

Many phone companies do not report Caller ID when a call from overseas arrives.

Have you confirmed that CallerId is present by using a CallerID box attached to the line at the same time?