VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can I Set Callerid For Outgoing Calls?

I'm running VG on Dialogic T1 ISDN platform. Since I am serving different customers, I would need to be able to set different CallerID for different calls. (I have got the numbers allocated from the telco already.)

Could this be done in VG, e.g. via a RV when I set up the call?

Hopefully, this is feasible, because nowadays with many spam calls around, customers are worried that many people would simply hang up calls as soon as they realise it is a 'recorded' message from an unknown CallerID number. Hence, we hope to alleviate this concern by asking customers to set up specific number in their address book so that they will know the call is from a valid party, and not spam.

If this is not currently supported, will it be included in future? Or is this possible by customized work?

Thanks,

I have the exact same need and hope that VG can offer a solution. What I have done in the meantime is to have different lines calling for the different customers that I have and I have had to use only a particular line for each customer. If VG could change the caller id by a RV that would be great.

Normally (in the UK anyway) the telco is responsible for issuing you with a "line-ID". In the UK this is called "Number Presentation" and allows an "authorised" number to be allocated to your outbound calls. This means that providing you have a valid claim on the number, it can be assigned to your lines. There is usually a setup and running charges for this "service". It is available for PSTN and ISDN lines.

I should have added that each DDI line on ISDN can have its own outbound presentation line, but this number is fixed by the PBX and/or assigned at the local exchange.

In the UK, you cannot issue arbitrary CLI/CLIP/CallerID for regulatory reasons. It may be different elsewhere, but I doubt that any country would allow this flagrant breach of ID. If in fact it would be possible to broadcast your own CLIP/CLI/CallerID then you would need a special signalling telecoms interface using the local signaling standard. Here in the UK its "SS7" and boards to support SS7 are available from Dialogic but cost many thousands of pounds.

Thanks to the advice from other members.

1. I am located in Hong Kong, and fortunately my telco can allow me to 'present' individual caller ID for specific outgoing calls.

2. The regulatory concern on controlling inadvertent use of caller ID is noted. In my case, the telco would restrict that the number to present is within the allocated number range (my subscription includes thousands of phone numbers already).

3. Very good point about if SS7 is needed. I am using Dialogic DMV1200BTEP card and I wonder if Global Call protocol can support this feature (or if this card can support SS7 protocol).

Hence, up to this point, I think the best party to answer to these questions are our VoiceGuide Support friends ... and I still patiently look forward to their advice here.

Thanks everyone to the sharing again,

Henry

The information I have is that this can be done, but this feature is not implemented in the current version of the software. At this stage it looks like you should contact sales@voiceguide.com if you require this featrure.

DMV1200BTEP does not support SS7 signalling.