VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer - Wait 3 Rings - Return To Voicemail

I have an options menu that prompts for key presses to reach five different people in my business. We usually aren't there so I'd like the call to first be transferred to the recipient's cell phone, but I only want it to ring 3 times.

The reason for this is because I want the caller to have a chance to reach us in the field; but if we don't answer quickly, I want the message left on the Voiceguide recorder, not the cell phone's voicemail so it can be e-mailed.

Is this posssible? I can't find any way to count the rings of the transferred call and return back to the recipient's voicemail if it is unanswered when the count reaches 3.

Thanks

Use a timeout path in the Transfer Call module to specify the maximum time for which VoiceGuide will wait for the transferred call to be answered.

It is not possible to count the rings - you need to specify the time in seconds.

That could be a problem since the time to transfer and start ringing is most likely variable. Is there a way to end the transfer and go back to Voiceguide voicemail immediately only if the trasferred call is picked up by its voicemail system? This would have to happen quickly so the caller doesn't think the call is being cutoff - maybe the on-hold sound file would cover this up.

Are you using Announced or Monitored transfers?

Relying on Answering Machine detection will not be 100% reliable - and on cell lines quite often when the call is answered by human the Dialogic card will detect it as an answering machine...

What sort of time variations do you expect with connections?