VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Receiving Voice Mail

I am broadcasting 2000 voice mail messages daily. The end of the voice messages tells the recipient to press star to leave a message. Everything works fine most of the time, but about 10 percent of the message stops before the person is finished talking. I tried calling myself and left a 45 second message in which there was no premature hang-up. When I played the message back from the computer, it went to about 25 seconds and then all sound stopped playing.

Any idea?

Hal Netkin

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

I had a problem with all my VM messages being truncated to 30 seconds.

Take a look in VG.INI for something like:

[Voicemail]

;Time are specified 0.1 Seconds e.g. 10 = 1 Second <-- added these comments

;Min Message is 2 seconds

;Max Message is 2 minutes

RecLengthMin=20

RecLengthMax=1200

This may also be the problem you are having....

.... peace ...abe

The Max and Min message lengths can be set using the Voicemail Manager - these settings are available for editing in the 'Config' tab of that program:

The issue that halnet reported was a bit different though - and I suspect that it's caused either by false busy tone detections or that the silence detection level is set too high for the modem/card that is used - and recordings are stopped after silence is mistakenly detected... if we had a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this would allow us to see what is happening...

post-2-1055895149.gif