VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

E1 Config

Hi,

Installed my purchased copy of VG tonight but when I patched in the E1's I had a few problems ( i knew i would ! )

1. VG is listing channel 1 as "Blocked" - the other 29 on E1 1 are Ok.

2 VG is listing channel 31 and 32 as D-Channel errors and then 'Blocked'

On the back of the cards im getting a green and yellow light for ports 1 - 30 - timing / clock issue? Error in event log states "Warning: Clock signals not detected on sec. lines"

Im getting Green and Red on second E1 - i dont think provider has activated that line yet so im not to worried.

I beleive the protocol is DASS2 , and that CRC is set on the lines. All cards show green in the DCM , and Protocol is set to DASS2. Config.XML is set to ISDN protocol as per 120port E1 example.

any pointers?

thanks all.

Update: Im getting "Blocked" even when i disconnect the E1s and restart VG - maybe a config issue?

On the back of the cards im getting a green and yellow light for ports 1 - 30

You'll need to get this sorted out first. Nothing will work until you get a solid green light only on the lines.

I beleive the protocol is DASS2 , and that CRC is set on the lines.
yellow/orange light means that framing is not detected on these lines - you should double check with the Telco about the config of those lines and what they see on their equipment.

Also, your local Dialogic dealer should have experience with different Telcos in your areas and should be able to advise what setup is needed to get it working.

As a first step you should try to get Dialogic’s own demo app: ISDIAG.EXE to work. Once that works then VoiceGuide will work as well.

Right, Were not using DASS2 - Its now CTR4 ( EuroISDN)

I just cant find the CTR4.PRM file anywhere though - should this be part of the Dialogic install? Does anyone have a copy of the file ?

thanks

David

CTR4 is a pretty standard setup.

Which version of Dialogic's System Release drivers are you using?

What ISDN protocol options are listed in the DCM for the card?

There should be a CTR4 option in the drop-down selection box and crt4.prm should be in "C:\Program Files\Dialogic\data" directory.

You may need to re-install the System Release drivers again, this time ensuring that the CTR4 option is selected as one of the ISDN protocols to install.

Hi Again.

CTR4 all configued and working with ISDIAG. Out of my 2 E1s ( from different providers ) only the line reported as BOARD2 in ISDIAG is working

If i place an inbound call onto ISDIAG its answered ok and ISDIAG reports the line as being answered by B1C1

if i load up VG though port 1 is listed as blocked

and ports

31 and 32 are listed as DLGC DX_OPEN D Error

Do i assume that BOARD2 is mapping to ports 1-30 and BOARD1 to Ports 31-60 ( hence the D channel errors as that board isnt working )

any ideas how to remove this blocked issue?

Im answering my own questions ;-)

ive renamed the E1s in Config.XML as follows

<Name>dxxxB2C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB2T1</NetworkIf>

and that seems to work.

My question is though: how to do i carry on that naming convention? Do i increment both Name and NetworkIF ?

regards

David

The naming convention of the 'voice' resources in Dialogic systems is not particularly intuitive - but examples are provided in sample Config.xml files for 30 line and 120 line systems.

Do not use channels 31 and 32 on any E1 line. An E1 line only has 30 usable channels.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout and MMDDtw.txt log file which captures the software init/startup phase.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

The trace files are also saved in \log\ directory as well - you will need to enable these to capture the MMDDtw.txt log file.