VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

VoiceGuide Developers Edition proposal

I am not sure I can put my question into words correctly but I will try.

I write scripts to sell to others. They are not customized scripts for each customer but they are vary complex and specalized.

The price of voice guide, for my customers, depends on the features, my client need. (number of lines, dial out, data access etc). This is as it should be. :-)

When it comes to subscripts thou I don't understand. The subscript usage only benefits the developer not the end user, so why must each of my customers pay more to use a feature only the developer uses?

Couldn't you just disable the subscript feature in the script editor(pro version), but let the pro version be able to run the script with subscripts?

This would encourage (we) the developers to buy the enterprise version, with out

forcing our customers to buy a more expensive VG version.(Which is not an option).

I will not ask my customers to spend more $ on a program just to make it easer for ME to write a script, whose end results are the same for the customers.

Couldn't you just disable the subscript feature in the script editor(pro version), but let the pro version be able to run the script with subscripts?

The Script Editor is never classified as "Pro" or "Enterprise". There is only one script editor and features within it don't change depending on what type of license is running or if there is a license at all. The Script Editor is downloaded with the evaluation version of VoiceGuide and nothing within it changes when VoiceGuide is registered.

Subscripts feature has been placed in the Enterprise license class as customers using subscripts usually run more complicated systems then customers who just have a single script running, and these customers (running more complicated systems) usually ask us for more support answering various questions. Also traces of calls which use subscripts take longer to look at and answer questions about.

You're absolutely right! But to be more specific, it's the developers that call tech support. And it's the developers that benifit from subscripts. So it's the developers that should pay more for features that make scripts easer to write. I do realize that in most cases the company using VG is the same comany that is writing there own script, in which case they should pay more. What I am sugesting would make you more money. A developers edition of the script editor for say $500 that would have the features to make writing code easer. Scripts created on this edition could be run on any version of voice guide the customer has.(provided the customers edition supports the databases, lines and dialer, if needed.)

These are not critizims of VG just sugestions. You make a fantastic product!

I am replying to you in the hope that you will be able to help me. We are looking for a consulatant who would be able to sort out some problems that we are having with outdial calling in VoiceGuide. We operate from Boca Raton in Florida. Please reply to me on the forum or alternatively my email address is dflaks@bellsouth.net. Please let me know your consulting charge and also where you are located. I look forward to hearing from you.

i am also looking for vg developers for an upcoming project. pls contact me at neofinder @ yahoo . com with your experience and rates.

In reponse to questions about availability of a higher priced 'Developers' edition which would allow you to use low cost site licenses:

The script editor is basically free.

All that is charged for are the line licenses to run the developed scripts. If rolling out the applications to a large number of sites then a further discount of the listed price can be given if a large number of licenses are purchased at the same time. Contact sales@voiceguide.com for more information regarding such large orders.