VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Buzz Noise On Answer...

Just about everytime that VG answers, there's an annoying 1 second buzz noise on answer, then it plays the message. I tested it out with Talker32, and get the same results. What could be the problem?

Sounds like the problem is either with the telephony hardware, or the telephone line/system itself.

To test if problem is with hardware attach a normal phone to the line and see if the caller can hear the noise when call is answered with that phone instead of the telephony card (or modem).

FYI- I found out that it's not the card, because I swap ports with known working ones, and it still has the problem. I try calling the phone, answering myself, and it's clear as a wistle. I'm not to sure what the problem. When I swap the 3 lines, that I have, around, it always follows the same phone number. I would route them all to the same sound file, and it'll play the buzz on the bad line only. I thought it was the file format because I got a simular buzz and disconnect with the wrong sound wav format, but it works on the other two lines. I don't know what the problem is. Obviously, it's the phone line. I don't know what it could be because I can't duplicate it when I answer the phone.