VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Changing Default Folder For Each Call

I need to be able to change the folder that VoiceGuide uses for the "Say Number" module on a call by call basis. The reason for this is that we have sound files for different clients and they each want their own accent (British/American etc) The default folder that VoiceGuide uses is in ..\system\voice. Is it possible to send a variable on each call that tells VoiceGuide to use a different folder eg ..\system\american or ..\system\british?

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Mult...ti-language.htm :

VoiceGuide's default system sound files are stored in the VoiceGuide’s "\system\voice\" subdirectory.

To select a different set of system files to be used for the current call, the path pointing to the new system directory current for this call needs to be written to the $RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE] Result Variable.

I am sending other RV's to voiceguide like this

[RecordID]{REN47985}[PatName]{Martha}[ApptDate]{0929}[ApptTime]{C:\TeleCaller\WAVtime\0830.wav}[Provider]{C:\TeleCaller\WAV\Nurse.wav}

Would I just add it onto this string like this

[RecordID]{REN47985}[PatName]{Martha}[ApptDate]{0929}[ApptTime]{C:\TeleCaller\WAVtime\0830.wav}[Provider]{C:\TeleCaller\WAV\Nurse.wav}

[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]{c:\TeleCaller\american\}

or must it also have the "$RV" like this

$RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]{c:\TeleCaller\american\}

When I send the next call which I want to have in the default voice, would I have to then resend another RV to set it back to the default like this

$RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]{c:\Program Files\Voiceguide\system\voice\}

or would it automatically revert back to the default after each call?

Would I just add it onto this string like this

[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]{c:\TeleCaller\american\}

Yes.

or must it also have the "$RV" like this

$RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]{c:\TeleCaller\american\}

No. Your first example was right.

When I send the next call which I want to have in the default voice, would I have to then resend another RV to set it back to the default like this

$RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE]{c:\Program Files\Voiceguide\system\voice\}

or would it automatically revert back to the default after each call?

System automatically reverts to default directory at start of each new call.

I have tried doing this exactly as per my script and I am passing the RV and it is still not working. Please help.